Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Please know I mean no disrespect towards anyone on this board. But, can we let the ill feelings toward the decision to keep Gill pass. The decision has been made to keep him and there is nothing any one of us can do about it. Furthermore, let's be unified as alumni and fans for the purpose of enjoying this great game God has given us. FAN THE FLAMES and ROLL TIDE!
Things like that change when the offenders realize that life is more important than freaking out about a team,but
when they do start worrying about more important things, there will be others to fill their spots.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Our first spring practice notebook which discusses why spring practice is a month earlier than usual, the JUCO transfers, and Tillmon's position switch

http://www.aseaofred.com/flames-start-s ... han-usual/
I find this a concerning statement:

Brandon didn’t know this, but that was the plan since we recruited him,” Wimberly said.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:Our first spring practice notebook which discusses why spring practice is a month earlier than usual, the JUCO transfers, and Tillmon's position switch

http://www.aseaofred.com/flames-start-s ... han-usual/
I find this a concerning statement:

Brandon didn’t know this, but that was the plan since we recruited him,” Wimberly said.
Not necessarily a bad thing to project an athlete to a position different than what he was recruited as, but probably something that shouldn't have been stated in an interview.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He knew. Not sure why Wimbo said that. Heck, I'm an old retired fart who lives on a tropical island and keeps up with Liberty football on the interweb, and I knew. It was an obvious move, and I think he will be great at LB and the players who end up at Safety will be nickel corner types who are better suited to match up with slot receivers.
By Dirty 30
olldflame wrote:He knew. Not sure why Wimbo said that. Heck, I'm an old retired fart who lives on a tropical island and keeps up with Liberty football on the interweb, and I knew. It was an obvious move, and I think he will be great at LB and the players who end up at Safety will be nickel corner types who are better suited to match up with slot receivers.
Your right oldflame, Brandon knew the whole time. They told him once he got with Coach Gillespie in his strength program and put on the weight that he would be moved there but he could play safety as a freshman with his athletic ability. Coach Bennett told them that from day 1 and he was right!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Spring football update - Offense

http://www.aseaofred.com/spring-footbal ... e-offense/
Really not surprised to hear about Boyd. He is already bigger than the 180 he is listed as and has the frame to carry over 200 lbs and probably the best "take it to the house" top end speed of any back we have had for a long time. Would have loved to land Davis, but the RB cupboard is certainly not bare. Hopefully we can use some outside the box thinking to come up with a short yardage guy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Special Teams focus in this week's Spring Football update

http://www.aseaofred.com/spring-footbal ... ch-7-2018/
Really hoping Stubbs will step up at PR. That has been a weakness ever since Fogg graduated. The big issue is not being able to make people miss, it's reading the ball off the punter's foot and getting where you need to be to catch it and prevent balls from hitting the ground and rolling another 10-15 yards. Getting the odd long runback is a bonus. Personally, I hope Brown can get the job done as holder. Having your punter there pretty much eliminates ever running a fake kick.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The last few years if I recall, Gill came out with a depth chart at the end of Spring practice. Haven't seen one this year. Is it available?
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]