Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
1: Wonder how many points Auburn will have by halftime (42)
2: Keep reading Rashad Jennings post
3: Play old school vibrating football
4: Pray for a conference
5: Keep eating all things bacon (close enough to a PIGSKIN for me)
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:1: Wonder how many points Auburn will have by halftime (42)
Im actually praying we stay independent. Schedule is 100 times better.
Liberty22 wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:1: Wonder how many points Auburn will have by halftime (42)
Im actually praying we stay independent. Schedule is 100 times better.
A conference would serve us well for all sports and elevate our entire department. It may have some drawbacks for football but overall it’s the right move. Our yearly budget is at the top of Conference USA. We can’t keep spending that much with the Big South as the goal.
I know this has been brought up before, but there are more recruits who would gladly play for our football team. I was just looking at Kyle DeArmon’s tweet on restarting recruitment yesterday, and underneath are replies of prospects and coaches (possibly fans promoting players) who are interested in LU. I’m not an expert so I don’t if that is legal towards NCAA, but it made me wonder if the Gill and staff are actually selecting the right guys for our team. Now I’m not implying that these guys don’t know what they’re doing, but I just want The football team to succeed and create an atmosphere that would make every Saturday game an event to mark on the calendar(and not want to miss out on).
ballcoach15 wrote:Every home game should be biggest event in Lynchburg and surrounding area each Saturday.
Define Surrounding Area? Roanoke? Charlottesville?
Class of 20Something wrote:I have always said City of Lynchburg, Amherst, Campbell and Bedford. Those 4 localities give 244k local population. One in every ten should be the goal plus about 9k students. That would throw us to 35k every Saturday.
What do you base that Number on? Does it take into account UVA and Tech Fans? Are 10% of that population willing to go to a live Sporting Event? That’s a lofty number you threw out there
By LUOrange
I think that's entirely possible, maybe even probable. But obviously it won't happen overnight and will most likely take several years. Winning will obviously speed it up some, there's that whole Turner Gill fella...
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I have always said City of Lynchburg, Amherst, Campbell and Bedford. Those 4 localities give 244k local population. One in every ten should be the goal plus about 9k students. That would throw us to 35k every Saturday.
What do you base that Number on? Does it take into account UVA and Tech Fans? Are 10% of that population willing to go to a live Sporting Event? That’s a lofty number you threw out there
I based it on the eye. The Bill seats 19k. about 5k in the upper deck, and 14k split between the other lower sides. Yeah 9k would be about a 10-15% growth in student attendance, which wouldn't be crazy for the FBS move.

I based the local numbers on census data for the populations, and just set a goal of 1 in 10.
ballcoach15 wrote:I would think that at least 75% of all resident students should be at the games. If not, someone needs to light a fire under the students.
What school has that type of attendance?
Winning and a coach with a personality, will take care of the attendance. Obviously there are a lot of players who want to come here to play. The trick is to determine do they have the talent. We miss some of them that do, based on the other schools who recruit them, and their results on the field.
I can't prove it, but I believe, based on some personal experience/knowledge, the athletic department as a whole, doesn't really like fans suggesting players for them to recruit. They seem to be pretty jealous of that activity.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]