Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: Most coaches start as GA’s. There are also a varying range of Quality Control coaches. So I’m not one who’d be too concerned about that.
I agree with that in principle. However, if you look at our coaching hires since this staff came to Liberty, three of the four hires were first time position coaches at the Division I level. If this GA is hired that would be the fourth guy who we hired to their first Division I job. I love giving guys a shot, and if we were winning you could accept it, but three straight 6-5 seasons since we started hiring GAs/QCs and you start to wonder what we could’ve done if we’d hired experienced coaches in those places.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Idiotic move. Should have figured gill wasnt capable of a smart decision. I hadnt heard anything since early decemeber and that was from someone outside football. Tells you all you need to know about gills incompetence. Also dissappointing that mccaw wont force his hand on making an addition. He has the easy way out to replace wimberley without firing him and he still cant do it. Gonna be fun getting torched every week next year. Army might break the all time rushing record against us.

On another note. I know at least 10 or 15 people that were not going to renew unless changes were made. Attendance will really suffer after that odu game if nothing changes.

We already have one defensive coach that adds zero to the equation.

Im gonna stick to baseball and basketball where it seems like we have a direction there

We have direction in softball. Probably more than any sport at LU, currently.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Most coaches start as GA’s. There are also a varying range of Quality Control coaches. So I’m not one who’d be too concerned about that.
I agree with that in principle. However, if you look at our coaching hires since this staff came to Liberty, three of the four hires were first time position coaches at the Division I level. If this GA is hired that would be the fourth guy who we hired to their first Division I job. I love giving guys a shot, and if we were winning you could accept it, but three straight 6-5 seasons since we started hiring GAs/QCs and you start to wonder what we could’ve done if we’d hired experienced coaches in those places.
6-5 is still a winning record :D
But I understand your point. I would have liked to see a shake up on D but it didn’t happen. So that’s why it leads me to believe that they feel they have the players to properly execute their schemes. Which, to be fair, has had really good moments. Just no consistent ones
By rtb72
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:As the Spring Game draws closer with every passing day. I had a few questions:

1. Are you going? Why or Why not?

2. What are you excited to see at the game and throughout practice?

3. Do you expect changes to the games structure? (make it similar to that of Alabama, Auburn, Georgia. . SEC teams and others, which is like a normal game except no live kick/punt returns and QB's don't get hit.)

4. Will you be protesting for your favorite food truck for the 2018 season and what food truck is that?

1. Yes
2. Stadium expansion progress, Buckshot's improvement, any glimmer of hope for the impending season....
3. No (just like our past few years of play-calling...same ole, same ole)
4. Taco Trucks rule!
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]