Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
willflop wrote:2 FCS home games again in 2020?
Still pretty short notice. 2021 doesn't have them so I expect that will be the end of the two FCS games.
By Jonathan Carone
That 2021 schedule is dang near perfect. 2018-2020 are gonna be rough. If we can make it to 2021 and have schedules like that moving forward then this independent thing can work.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I not like 2 FCS games.
2-10 is better than 0-12. We need a couple of more years to get FBS talent in place. We're playing an FBS schedule with FCS talent at this point.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:That 2021 schedule is dang near perfect. 2018-2020 are gonna be rough. If we can make it to 2021 and have schedules like that moving forward then this independent thing can work.
Agreed Jon. All winnable FBS matchups (except Ole Miss) and an FCS...I could see 7 or 8 wins on a schedule like that
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I am a HUGE fan that we have been able to get ODU to come to the Bill twice in a span of 4 years. I do hope that we can play them at least every other year. I know from quotes that their AD real wants to play us often. I think it is good for both schools.
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I am a HUGE fan that we have been able to get ODU to come to the Bill twice in a span of 4 years. I do hope that we can play them at least every other year. I know from quotes that their AD real wants to play us often. I think it is good for both schools.
Neither the Flames nor the Monarchs will ever come close to touching the UVA/VT rivalry. The schools should embrace each other as the only plausible in state rival.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Not sure where to put this, but I saw that we signed a home and home with Georgia Southern. 24 Statesboro and 25 Lynchburg.
By Class of 20Something
LUGrad2000 wrote:Not sure where to put this, but I saw that we signed a home and home with Georgia Southern. 24 Statesboro and 25 Lynchburg.
25/26 was what I saw
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Yep 25/26. I was so excited to see the news I just threw it on there. Only an hour from my house. Only 8 seasons from now!
By Class of 20Something
LUGrad2000 wrote:Yep 25/26. I was so excited to see the news I just threw it on there. Only an hour from my house. Only 8 seasons from now!
That planning has me thinking the admin likes the idea of independent.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
LUGrad2000 wrote:Yep 25/26. I was so excited to see the news I just threw it on there. Only an hour from my house. Only 8 seasons from now!
That planning has me thinking the admin likes the idea of independent.
It looks like they are going to ride the independent wave for a long time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FB schedules are made about a decade out. I wouldn’t read anything in to it one way or the other
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:There’s likely an out in the contracts if we join a league.
I'm sure there is an out but I wouldn't be in a hurry.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If right opportunity arose, we would join a conference tomorrow. Independent is good, but a conference would be better,
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I just read where ND is reconsidering their scheduling process and looking for some easier games in the future. I would like to live long enough for Doc's dream of playing ND come true. Crazier things have happened, but not many. Would love to see Touchdown Jesus from inside the stadium.
By Class of 20Something
flameshaw wrote:I just read where ND is reconsidering their scheduling process and looking for some easier games in the future. I would like to live long enough for Doc's dream of playing ND come true. Crazier things have happened, but not many. Would love to see Touchdown Jesus from inside the stadium.
Watch LU announce it at midnight. Home and home. Happy New year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
flameshaw wrote:I just read where ND is reconsidering their scheduling process and looking for some easier games in the future. I would like to live long enough for Doc's dream of playing ND come true. Crazier things have happened, but not many. Would love to see Touchdown Jesus from inside the stadium.
Watch LU announce it at midnight. Home and home. Happy New year.
They covered up Touchdown Jesus a long time ago. Can’t really see Him now from the stadium like you used to could. And interestingly they’ve never won a National Championship since and got embarrassed in the game they were in
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]