Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I do not like ND, but I wish they would cease playing 5 games a year vs ACC teams.

I would like to see LU and ND play, just to make Dr. Falwell's dream become reality.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The ND/ACC partnership is a win win for both. It is a good thing institutions don't base their decisions on schools you hate that's for sure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I do not like ND, but I wish they would cease playing 5 games a year vs ACC teams.

I would like to see LU and ND play, just to make Dr. Falwell's dream become reality.
They don’t really have a choice seeing as they are in the ACC for all other sports. It’s a good compromise for both the Conference and ND. I’m sure ND wanted 0 and the ACC wanted full membership. It should also be a tale of caution for people who think Independent is a long term viable option for LU. If a school like ND with all its history and advantages (they had their own network in NBC) can’t make Independent work in today’s College Sport landscape what is LU doing different that ND isn’t?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
The type of game ND is thinking about adding is the one Auburn has us down for next year. Nov 17th, between their Georgia & Alabama games. Smart move.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It’s a smart move for ND because of where they are. The same independence issues aren’t affecting LU at the moment.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:The type of game ND is thinking about adding is the one Auburn has us down for next year. Nov 17th, between their Georgia & Alabama games. Smart move.
Looking at their usual schedule it’s going to be interesting to see how it works. They have 7games to schedule. They will always play an Academy so that’s 6. They will still play at least one Regional B1G Game. (Michigan St Purdue and Michigan are traditional favorites) so that leaves 5. They could reduce their West Coast presence by dropping USC or Stanford or maybe rotate them. So that would take it to 4. ND being ND will want a showcase game every year so that’s down to 3. So that’s not undoable for ND to schedule some ‘wins’
The overlooked statement was the fact Conferences SCHEDULE the ‘tune up’ game the week before the big rivalries. Not being a full fledged ACC Member means ND does not get that benefit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:It’s a smart move for ND because of where they are. The same independence issues aren’t affecting LU at the moment.
Because LU is just ‘happy to be here’ not looking for National Championships
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU's new FBS status made front page news in the local paper today. In the hard copy edition, we're the lead story, but in the electronic version, we are story #3 of 5: :football

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/s ... 0b126.html
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:It’s a smart move for ND because of where they are. The same independence issues aren’t affecting LU at the moment.
Because LU is just ‘happy to be here’ not looking for National Championships
Correct.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Problem with Notre Dame is, the NCAA treats them different than all other schools. Not to mention the media and pollsters.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If we put a winning team on field, we can beat that before 2021, I think. With FBS schools coming to Lynchburg, they will bring more fans than the BSC schools. One decent FBS school should bring more fans one game, than all BSC schools combined.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:If we put a winning team on field, we can beat that before 2021, I think. With FBS schools coming to Lynchburg, they will bring more fans than the BSC schools. One decent FBS school should bring more fans one game, than all BSC schools combined.
I am expecting 3-5k from ODU. I do wonder where we stuff the visitors after the expansion. We could see the Baptist side get louder:shock:
when visiting fans start getting loud.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:If we put a winning team on field, we can beat that before 2021, I think. With FBS schools coming to Lynchburg, they will bring more fans than the BSC schools. One decent FBS school should bring more fans one game, than all BSC schools combined.
I am expecting 3-5k from ODU. I do wonder where we stuff the visitors after the expansion. We could see the Baptist side get louder:shock:
when visiting fans start getting loud.
No. They will get off ended. The Vapors will overcome many as they can’t believe how rude those people are :flamingdevil
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Some people just like to sit quietly and watch the game. Some like to cheer, coach, even do play-by-play.
Ballcoach, have you met ole BJ Williams, too?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I had someone tell me to sit down and be quiet during a game last season. It did not have the desired effect.
I rest my case. There are an inordinate amount of them on the Baptist side.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]