Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would think atleast 2k. Odu doesnt get a lot of road games within travel distance for their fanbase. Obviously they had vt but they got crushed and shutout.
By Class of 20Something
jinxy wrote:I would think atleast 2k. Odu doesnt get a lot of road games within travel distance for their fanbase. Obviously they had vt but they got crushed and shutout.
I think a winnable driving distance season opener is a perfect storm for fans.
By Jonathan Carone
LUGrad2000 wrote:Any idea how much 2018 season tickets will be?
They were going to go up if there was a new coach but last I heard they were going to keep them similar to this year. That may have changed over the past couple months though.
By Class of 20Something
LUGrad2000 wrote:Trying to decide where to sit. Probably will get GA so I can move around. Interested in the new deck. Where do y'all prefer?
No one will kick you out of GA if you have reserved seats.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
There was a discussion in anther thread about how Va Tech runs buses from several cities to their home games. I wonder if something like that would work from Roanoke and Danville? TRBC has satellite campuses in both cities that would make a great staging area. Could start small, maybe some vans and try to build it up. Could contact churches in the area, they are always looking for a good youth outing.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That's a great idea. Give churches free (or discounted) tickets, let them catch the LU spirit. Then they may return in future for a lot of games.
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:That's a great idea. Give churches free (or discounted) tickets, let them catch the LU spirit. Then they may return in future for a lot of games.
That’s such a backwards idea. It’s been proven free tickets don’t breed fans.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I went to LU game in 2004. Have only missed about 7 or 8 home games since. Prior to that I went to only the very first football game LU played, and again in 1976, when they played a game in Danville.

(have never purchased a ticket to enter stadium)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Faculty got free tickets for decades.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
There used to be a Christian bookstore on Wards Rd near where Sam's was. I have no idea if it is still there, but I remember being in there in the late 90's and they would push the free football tix on everyone that came in. Without much success.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I went to LU game in 2004. Have only missed about 7 or 8 home games since. Prior to that I went to only the very first football game LU played, and again in 1976, when they played a game in Danville.

(have never purchased a ticket to enter stadium)
Well sly and I ... and maybe even manson by next year are to old and fat to jump the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Well sly and I ... and maybe even manson by next year are to old and fat to jump the fence.
How does Purple get left off this list? :oldhag

As a retired Military Policeman, Ballcoach works security at the football games, so be careful of jumping fences: you will have ballcoach to answer to.
:nono :buttkick :medic
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 22nd, 2018, 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote:they are building a brick wall around the new stadium, Jumpin the fence is going to be tough in the future
What about digging under the wall? lol
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:they are building a brick wall around the new stadium, Jumpin the fence is going to be tough in the future
What about digging under the wall? lol
Word is its going to be the same contractor Trump tags for the border wall.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:That's a great idea. Give churches free (or discounted) tickets, let them catch the LU spirit. Then they may return in future for a lot of games.
That’s such a backwards idea. It’s been proven free tickets don’t breed fans.
Yeah. Let’s cheapen the value of the product even more! :cheerleader :pbjtime
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]