Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:
22 wrote:I didn’t know where else to post this but I know we’ve discussed attendance a couple times. I’m watching Ark state vs Louisiana right now and it’s a one point game and they just showed the crowd, maybe 6,000 people in the stands. Maybe. I too get frustrated at times at our attendance but we are light years ahead of many schools.
We are light years ahead of most G5 - it is a dying group that no one cares about which we should avoid at all costs and focus on getting to P5 and take all steps now that gets us there the quickest before the club doors are locked after next major change. I would be all for buying out 2021 on - G5 / FCS already on our schedules and reworking to all P5 games possible - make the leap - rip the bandaid - hire and recruit accordingly.
I agree :idea:
By Class of 20Something
What is most unexpected is we could play two top 25 teams this season. Virginia will probably crack the rankings in a big way today. Auburn's remaining games are against TA&M, Georgia, Liberty, Alabama.

TA&M will probably hang on to #25 in today's poll, UGA and Alabama are both top 10. If Auburn can win or keep competitive, they could be ranked behind the Wahoos.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd be shocked if Auburn found a way to make it back into the top 25 before playing LU but it certainly isnt impossible with how unpredictable the SEC matchups can be at time.

The more surprising thing is that UVA will end up being a tougher game than Auburn. Who would have predicted that?
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:I'd be shocked if Auburn found a way to make it back into the top 25 before playing LU but it certainly isnt impossible with how unpredictable the SEC matchups can be at time.

The more surprising thing is that UVA will end up being a tougher game than Auburn. Who would have predicted that?
I'm not expecting a huge surge up the rankings for Auburn, but I could see them at 24 or 25 if they beat TA&M and play UGA close.
By Class of 20Something
BuryYourDuke wrote:They may be higher ranked, but there is no way in the world that UVA is a tougher game than Auburn.

If those two play 10 times Auburn is going to win 8.
And thus the system is broken
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No way is UVA tougher game than Auburn. The ACC is bad this season other than Clemson. Thus the boo hoos have won some games that they shouldn't have won in most years. Auburn's 3rd string is better than UVA. I expect a win when we go to Charlottesville. We catch Auburn at right time, just before Alabama and after they play Georgia I think. Truth be known Army might be best team we play this season.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:No way is UVA tougher game than Auburn. The ACC is bad this season other than Clemson. Thus the boo hoos have won some games that they shouldn't have won in most years. Auburn's 3rd string is better than UVA. I expect a win when we go to Charlottesville. We catch Auburn at right time, just before Alabama and after they play Georgia I think. Truth be known Army might be best team we play this season.
We have a real chance of getting our mouth smacked in Charlottesville. Auburn is better, but the Wahoos are not a pushover this season. Your sleeping hard on them.

Catching Auburn on a "walking bye" is our only hope to beat them.
By cruzan_flame13
The Wahoos are 23rd in the nation for this week. They should not be overlooked at all. I do hope that we can get Auburn if they are unstable because of the week before we play them. UVA game will not be an easy one ballcoach. Would it be nice to win; heck yes. Those folks (Charlottesville) beside us believe we are the roach who needs to be stepped on. Would love to show them, but will not drink too much kool aid.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote: will not drink too much kool aid.
Just a shot?
Jello or Jaegger?
By Class of 20Something
TA&M held on as well. Auburn still receiving votes. As is Army.

Auburn will play three top 25 in their last 4.

Let's hope Auburn can swing getting into the top 25 to help our strength of schedule.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If UVA is 23rd best team in country, our nation is in trouble.
At least you aren't shy about your SEC bias
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If UVA is 23rd best team in country, our nation is in trouble.
Ballcoach has jokes. :lol: And LU will be playing a RANKED team! :fbplayer Study And bringing their marching band.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
And LU will be playing a RANKED team! :fbplayer .
...Only if they beat Pitt. Only IF.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think Pitt beats the boo hoos. The ranking will go to their heads. I see photos in newspapers of them taunting and acting as if they've never "been there before". (which is true)
And I can see Boo Hoos taking Liberty lightly, looking ahead to their game with VT.
By Class of 20Something
Just some information about how Vegas sees Liberty.

Against the Spread

Liberty is 4-4-1

The total has gone over in 6 games and under in 3(Troy, Army, UNT).

Liberty has not seen an O/U under 58 this season.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]