Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
NCAAF Nation Doing some features on LBs to watch for, a few we are playing.

Bryton Barr - UMass
105 Tackles, 5 sacks, 9 TFL & 1 INT

Terrill Hanks - New Mexico State
111 Tackles, 7 sacks, 15 Tackles for Loss and 2 Interceptions

James Nachtigal - Army
103 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 8 Tackles for Loss and 3 pass breakup

Jordan Mack - UVA
114 Tackles, 3 Sacks & 7 Tackles for Loss

Deshaun Davis - Auburn
82 Tackles, 3.5 sacks, 6.5 Tackles for Loss & 1 PBU

Jordan Young - Old Dominion
85 Tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 Tackles for Loss and 3 Pass Breakups as a freshman
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:NCAAF Nation Doing some features on LBs to watch for, a few we are playing.

Bryton Barr - UMass
105 Tackles, 5 sacks, 9 TFL & 1 INT

Terrill Hanks - New Mexico State
111 Tackles, 7 sacks, 15 Tackles for Loss and 2 Interceptions

James Nachtigal - Army
103 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 8 Tackles for Loss and 3 pass breakup

Jordan Mack - UVA
114 Tackles, 3 Sacks & 7 Tackles for Loss

Deshaun Davis - Auburn
82 Tackles, 3.5 sacks, 6.5 Tackles for Loss & 1 PBU

Jordan Young - Old Dominion
85 Tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 Tackles for Loss and 3 Pass Breakups as a freshman
Brandon Tillman - Liberty University
60 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1.5 TFL, 1 Pass breakup, 2 INTs.
By CCWMichael
Expectation one: season long drink cup again
Expectation two : season long popcorn refills.
Expectation three: faster entry to the game given updated security.
Expectation four: BEAT ODU!
By Class of 20Something
CCWMichael wrote:Expectation one: season long drink cup again
Expectation two : season long popcorn refills.
Expectation three: faster entry to the game given updated security.
Expectation four: BEAT ODU!
That cup was a great deal.

If they do popcorn, there is no hope for that money staying in my pocket. My wife will buy that before we get to our seats.

Rumor mill on ingress and egress. Up to 50 metal detectors but fewer points of entry. I've heard maybe 5 different gates. However I have also heard the entire colonnade will open to leave the stadium.

We are going to CRUSH ODU!!!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
And I hope to be in attendance by hook or by crook
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:And I hope to be in attendance by hook or by crook
I hope you can be there too Beej.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Expectation one: HOT FBS nachos!
FIFY :flamethrower
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Any speculation on the starters as of yet outside of a few obvious ones
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
We can all agree this has perhaps a 1% chance of happening AND due to that I get some may think, “Why even talk about it?” However, still curious to hear thoughts on it. IF we went down to Auburn and upset them what is the immediate impact for our program? Will we still be viewed as an “FCS” school and it’d be a fluke or would it really make a statement that Liberty is here? Would it be one of the instances that it’s actually very beneficial to not have a conference since we really don’t have a ceiling like those that occasionally get an upset and are in the Sun Belt or Conference USA? Would it impact our recruiting class in a major way this year? Does it hurt our chances of scheduling big name schools because they’d view LU as a win does them no good and a loss does them no good kind of team, similar to Boise? Would it be a thing to be excited about as a fan, but have no real impact since it’s just one game?
By LUDad
Jonathan Carone wrote:I think only one FCS game goes towards bowl eligibility. Otherwise you'd see lower G5s scheduling FCS teams all the time.
You can qualify for a bowl with 2 FCS wins as long as bowl slots are still available after the bowls fill their slots with teams having no more than 1 win over an FCS team.

LU would be eligible for a bowl as long as bowl slots are still available after all the slots are filled by teams meeting first four requirements listed below. LU would be a lock for the AutoNation Cure Bowl if we have 6 wins and not enough teams from the Sun Belt and AAC qualified for a bowl. In that scenario, we could have 2 wins over FCS teams and still go bowling. BTW, the two leagues have had a tough time filling those slots thus far.

Listed below is the order in which teams will be eligible for bowl games:

1. Teams finishing 6-6 with one win against a team from the lower Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), regardless of whether that FCS school meets NCAA scholarship requirements. Until now, an FCS win counted only if that opponent met the scholarship requirements—specifically, that school had to award at least 90% of the FCS maximum of 63 scholarship equivalents over a two-year period. In the 2012 season, programs in four FCS conferences cannot meet the 90% requirement (56.7 equivalents)—the Ivy League, which prohibits all athletic scholarships; the Pioneer Football League and Georgetown, which do not currently award football scholarships; and the Northeast Conference, which limits football scholarships to 38 equivalents.

2. 6-6 teams with two wins over FCS schools.

3. Teams that finish 6-7 with loss number seven in their conference championship game (that has been eliminated by the conference championship waiver rule).

4. 6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii's home opponents. Although Hawaii normally plays a 13-game schedule, it only played 12 games in the 2012 season.

5. FCS teams who are in the final year of the two-year FBS transition process, if they have at least a 6-6 record.

6. Finally, 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate (APR) score. This was later adjusted to allow other 5-7 teams to be selected thereafter—in order of their APR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_eligibility
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looking at the non-con slates for the teams in those two conferences, I think if we can somehow get to six wins, we could be looking at Flames Club event at Disney World this December
By LUDad
ballcoach15 wrote:If we beat Auburn, we will have arrived.
I think we might have a decent chance of beating the spread with Auburn facing Georgia the week before and Bama the week after...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I disagree with ballcoach though. While it will be a significant win if we go to Jordan-Hare and garner the upset, we will not have "arrived". Itll certainly get us noticed, and get some time on Sportscenter and other ESPN programming as well...but that is something we will need to build on, which we certainly will be able to do
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If we beat Auburn, we will have arrived.
Ballcoach, I think your :koolaid has turned hard. You really don't think an LU WIN there is possible, do you?
Last edited by Cider Jim on August 6th, 2018, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think it's possible (if we have a defense). Auburn plays Alabama the week after, their thoughts will be on the Crimson Tide, and they could overlook LU. That along with being over confident and taking us lightly. Plus if Georgia beats them, that also helps our chances.
By Class of 20Something
Chris Lang wrote:Liberty will be lucky to beat North Texas or Troy at home.

This talk of LU winning at Auburn is silly.
Woah, wait until we actually suck. There will be plenty of time for that later.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'd imagine Auburn would be a 30+ point favorite. If ODU is a 6 point favorite, then Troy and North Texas will also be favored by at least that many points.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

One guy has mentioned beating Auburn. Please dont associate the whole board with that guy.

Thanks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:

One guy has mentioned beating Auburn. Please dont associate the whole board with that guy.

Thanks.
But several have talked about going to a Bowl this year or next
By Jonathan Carone
I'm wondering how long it'll take into the season for all the people with unreasonably optimistic expectations to see what we're up against. Watch Coastal's fans go through that transition last year, it took around three games.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wanting to hear ballcoach's pregame speech about how LU's team puts their football pants on one leg at a time, just like Auburn's players.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Just to be clear, when I posed the Auburn question it was not to state I think it’s a remote possibility. Was simply gauging thoughts on how just one BIG win will impact our program if it does happen to come in the next three seasons.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?!

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: