Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
While we are FBS and will be playing much more meaningful/ exciting games in the future. I am truly going to miss the FCS playoffs. What a great tournament. Here are a few story lines.

-Kennesaw and Monmouth represent the Big South.

- Danny Rocco and Deleware were snubbed and were the top ranked team left out of the playoffs yet again.

- JMU is undefeated and #1 seed overall.

-Kennesaw will play JAX if they win round one.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: - Danny Rocco and Deleware were snubbed and were the top ranked team left out of the playoffs yet again.
Wow, they took TWO Big South schools and NO Rocco team?! :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
R i wrote: - Danny Rocco and Deleware were snubbed and were the top ranked team left out of the playoffs yet again.
Wow, they took TWO Big South schools and NO Rocco team?! :shock:
So maybe it was just Rocco that was jinxed and not LU :D . Delaware has a pretty solid pedigree
By CCWMichael
R i wrote:While we are FBS and will be playing much more meaningful/ exciting games in the future. I am truly going to miss the FCS playoffs. What a great tournament. Here are a few story lines.

-Kennesaw and Monmouth represent the Big South.

- Danny Rocco and Deleware were snubbed and were the top ranked team left out of the playoffs yet again.

- JMU is undefeated and #1 seed overall.

-Kennesaw will play JAX if they win round one.
Nova is the Blue Hens nemisis. if not for the final loss they would be there. I will always follow FCS playoffs and especially KSU and the Hawks this year. I think they will perform well as Liberty exits a disgrace.
By CCWMichael
KSU in three years ans showing up big.
Stony not bad as well.
The Hawks bit it big.
Stony has a shot next round and KSU needs a perfect storm.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe that a lot of teams in FCS playoffs rely heavily on FBS Transfers.
By walksports
slyfox, folks in BCS (Bryan-College Station for the non-Texans) who cover Sam Houston State say that Kennesaw State, after beating Jacksonville State today, will come to Huntsville as long as SHSU don't pull an Oiler and blow a 27-point half time lead. :-)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
KSU has already surpassed us in national success. Good for them but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:KSU has already surpassed us in national success. Good for them but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous.
I’m not. Who knows about that game nationally? Hardly anyone. Everyone’s been watching championship games today. I’m much more excited for our future!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:
thepostman wrote:KSU has already surpassed us in national success. Good for them but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous.
I’m not. Who knows about that game nationally? Hardly anyone. Everyone’s been watching championship games today. I’m much more excited for our future!
Does anybody care about what UMASS or NMSU did today? I don't think so. That is our future company. 4-8 seasons as an independent. Hurrah.

At the rate KSU is going they'll be moving up soon enough.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am surprised Jacksonville State lost. They were my pick to win FCS championship
By CCWMichael
Owls were coached well. They dominated; yes dominated.
If we performed like they have this year I would be more excited about where the Flames are headed but the body of work leaves me weak kneed.
Congrats to the Owls ... wish it were the Flames :football
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:I am surprised Jacksonville State lost. They were my pick to win FCS championship
I'm going with JMU but Jville should have won this one big. Ksaw has something going on down there.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We have beat JSU and KSU in recent seasons, but they improved after we beat them. We did not improve.
By Class of 20Something
KSU is about to get CSU'd. Their entire staff will get poached. I'm not to worried about them keeping this up with a change. Someone will want to use an efficient option.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well good point at least we don't have to worry about anybody wanting to poach our coaching staff...

Oh wait a minute that's not actually a good thing. Also CSU isn't a good comparison. KSU is making the investment that CSU never would.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:KSU is about to get CSU'd. Their entire staff will get poached. I'm not to worried about them keeping this up with a change. Someone will want to use an efficient option.
Are you talking about the CSU team that lost their staff from the previous season and beat us to close out the season?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We have beat JSU and KSU in recent seasons, but they improved after we beat them. We did not improve.
I assume you meant JMU. Unfortunately, in 2 games against JSU, we have come up short by a mere 50 points.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I will be the first to congratulate which ever FCS playoff team stops that mess KSU runs. :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:KSU is about to get CSU'd. Their entire staff will get poached. I'm not to worried about them keeping this up with a change. Someone will want to use an efficient option.
Are you talking about the CSU team that lost their staff from the previous season and beat us to close out the season?
Yes, unfortunately that did happen, but IMHO his point is still valid. CSU was competitive this year because they had a few really good players who did not have a viable option to transfer out. I expect them to return to their pre Chadwell role as a BSC bottom feeder, probably next year.

I wouldn't be so sure about the same thing happening to KSU. They are uniquely positioned to achieve early if they go FBS. Huge student body and located in a major market with tons of football talent. Bohannon may stick around for a while, but one thing KSU does not have at the moment is a lot of $$$, so he may eventually need to leave to earn his market va!ue.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]