Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I was hoping JMU would lose. I do not like JMU.
We know.
We do not care.
By CCWMichael
libertyfan4life wrote:JMU prevailed against Weber State 31-28... unfortunately. The result of a last-play field goal.

I'm writing this from Weber County. Weber State is our local U here. Good game tonight.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/re ... =401002978
Weber State is no small time school on the field. They are tough. First team in many games to get to the JMU D. Every team has a bad game and JMU D was due but Weber had a shift in the second half and pressed well.
Bison looked tough today.
Will be fun to see KSU match up with Sam Houston's QB. (you think Buckshot is good)
That was a tough loss.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Yet again KSU showed why they belong! Great season for those guys down in GA. Enjoy destroying the Big South for years to come while we play bowl games starting in 2019 :D
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
KSU played a decent game but could/should have been outscored by another 10-14 points. SHSU played a great defensive scheme against their triple option defense. They were in a 4-2, man defense and blitzed one or both LB's on almost every play. The LB's basically spied on the QB and made some very good plays. Not surprisingly they won the game on the OL and DL lines. They are very far ahead of where we were this past year in their line play. They also had a very good running back (#6), with great running instincts and even better hands. Could easily play on Sundays, based on his performance today.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sam is just a few minutes away from my house. I don't know anyone outside of Huntsville that was aware that there was a game. Yet another reason that I am glad to be leaving FCS behind.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Sam is just a few minutes away from my house. I don't know anyone outside of Huntsville that was aware that there was a game. Yet another reason that I am glad to be leaving FCS behind.
Yup +1
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So the locals just call it "Sam"? :dontgetit
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yes. You may have heard there is another school in the area called Houston.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UH is the home of Clyde the Glide, right? Play Basketball
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
... and Hakeem the Dream.

The city of Houston was named after the Tennessean at the end of the Texas Revolution. Sam Houston State was founded on Sam's homestead in Huntsville and contains his home which now serves as a museum. Old Sam is buried in Huntsville and there is an iconic statute of him on the southside of Huntsville along I-45 that has been referred to in ominous tones by small children including my own as the "White Giant".

By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:... and Hakeem the Dream.

The city of Houston was named after the Tennessean at the end of the Texas Revolution. Sam Houston State was founded on Sam's homestead in Huntsville and contains his home which now serves as a museum. Old Sam is buried in Huntsville and there is an iconic statute of him on the southside of Huntsville along I-45 that has been referred to in ominous tones by small children including my own as the "White Giant".

Man, thanks for posting that bit of nostalgia. The child in my memory remembers him being so much taller than that picture does justice.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It does seem much more intimidating in person. The sheer size of it demands your attention.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wow! :shock: That's some statue. I had to look it up.
At 67 feet tall (on a 10-foot-tall base) statue is named "A Tribute to Courage." Sam Houston, celebrated political architect of Texas, towers in concrete above Interstate 45, with walking cane and snappy duds of a 19th century statesman (though he could also be mistaken for a statue of P.T. Barnum)...
Stupendous Sam is touted in attraction literature as the second largest freestanding statue in the U.S., bested only by the allegorical and over-promoted Statue of Liberty (And, pssst... Roadsiders know of other statues taller than Sam, such as Tulsa's 76-foot-tall Golden Driller and Butte's 90-foot-tall Our Lady of the Rockies).
https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/7247
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It does seem much more intimidating in person. The sheer size of it demands your attention.
That’s what she said!
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Should be a good game, though it's a shame they have to wait 3 weeks to play. Both teams dominated in the semi final game, with JMU forcing 10 turnovers
By GillsHill-LU
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:I think North Dakota State will win by 3 TDs.
Sure Hope so!!!!!
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]