Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The waiting game begins. I think the consensus is that LU is an O Line away from being amazing on Offense. The D is basically the athletic version of Sybil .
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:To God be the glory. Does anyone here thing Gill deserves another year?

Gill 4 life.
Yes! You can't fire a guy that says that before or after every interview.
By rjhenz
Registration Days Posts
I like Gill as a person but 6-5 for 4 of his 6 years is not good enough. Not a good way to end FCS and go into FBS. Time to let him go. I don't know what Wimberly Defense was doing on that last CSU drive. 4 and 1, we shouldn't be 8 yards off the line of scrimmage. :frustrated :banghead
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
lueer wrote:This season is a joke. FBS is a joke for this bunch. Embarassing.
Tough 15 minutes there for an LU & WVU fan.

Setting all of the coaching discussion aside, this performance showed a complete lack of desperation that should be felt in your season finale where you are likely playing for your coaching staff's job. Very disappointing.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:
lueer wrote:This season is a joke. FBS is a joke for this bunch. Embarassing.
Tough 15 minutes there for an LU & WVU fan.

Setting all of the coaching discussion aside, this performance showed a complete lack of desperation that should be felt in your season finale where you are likely playing for your coaching staff's job. Very disappointing.
Need any more salt? :rainy
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Long term this is the best outcome. Is there anyone that can say we are going in the right direction? Hard to argue that. Change is needed and this season makes that crystal clear. It provides cover to make the change from an incredible human being but average coach.
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
Yeah it was a bad day for a WVU and LU fan. 0-3 so far with a basketball game to go. By the way, Texas has a bunch of punks with no class. Trying to be the next Baylor I guess.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
So the only 2 BSC wins we have this year are against Presby and G-W, who were winless in the league until today, when they play each other. And CSU only beat G-W 10-9.
Horrible game, horrible year, someone call United Van Lines.

Gill 4 life.
Last edited by flameshaw on November 18th, 2017, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jerry is a Turner Gill fan. Combine that with the huge monetary buyout involved in firing TG I find it hard to believe he will be let go.

He hasn't done anything to prove to me the transition to FBS will be a smooth one but such is life. 2 to 3 wins next year at most. Our fan base is not loyal or smart enough to realize patience will be needed during the transition period.

I suspect we will see a lot of empty seats next year in all our home games except for ODU.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:Jerry is a Turner Gill fan. Combine that with the huge monetary buyout involved in firing TG I find it hard to believe he will be let go.

He hasn't done anything to prove to me the transition to FBS will be a smooth one but such is life. 2 to 3 wins next year at most. Our fan base is not loyal or smart enough to realize patience will be needed during the transition period.

I suspect we will see a lot of empty seats next year in all our home games except for ODU.

Or folks don’t want to waste their hard working money to see another year of mediocrity when all their promotions express otherwise. With all the money LU put into the football team, I can understand the fan bases’ frustration. Doing the same or similar thing over and over again and expecting different results is pure insanity. That’s what I’ve seen in the past three seasons.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Jerry is a Turner Gill fan. Combine that with the huge monetary buyout involved in firing TG I find it hard to believe he will be let go.

I agree for the most part. However, they are smart enough to know that we should have done much, much, much better the last 6 years and especially this year.

Gill 4 life.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:This team should have went 10-1, losing only to Jacksonville State.
I think we should have been 10-2 to have a successful season. Not sure anyone saw us beating Baylor before the season began.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Coach Gill's postgame comments make it seem like he knows the end is coming. He's a great ambassador for LU and I believe his love for these young men is genuine. Wins, however, build the brand and spread the word - look at all the national attention we got after the Baylor win - and he hasn't had enough of them.
By CCWMichael
Congrats to Kennesaw and Monmonth for being what we wished we were ..... I am looking for my paperbag.
Kennesaw up big late .... only THREE years of football.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
We have been saying for years that we were too good for Biog South football. We have been telling people that we had a top-notch program, and that all we needed was a bigger stage on which to showcase it. This season was the year to prove that.

We failed.

The Baylor victory was a huge moment in the history of Flames football, and we could have built on that. Instead, we proved that the Baylor team we beat wasn't that good (of course, they helped there), and that we weren't either.

We could have left the Big South with a bang - a statement that we WERE too big for them. Instead, we leave on a whimper, and a pitiful 6-5 season that should have been much better.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
If it makes anyone feel better, Michigan hasn’t beat a team with a winning record in 414 days according to Football Scoop. :shock:
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]