Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Interesting quote from Gill in interview w/Manson on ASOR twitter. Says he plans on "keeping the staff" but may make some "adjustments" in January when we will be allowed to add a 10th assistant. We can hope that addition is a new DC, with Wimbo and Singletary reassigned, can't we?
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
FYI. I came across this Tweet from Damien Sordelett today an hour ago:

"Linebacker Jaylyn McKinney announces he is leaving Liberty after graduating in May."
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
libertyfan4life wrote:FYI. I came across this Tweet from Damien Sordelett today an hour ago:

"Linebacker Jaylyn McKinney announces he is leaving Liberty after graduating in May."
Losing him as well as McGinty. Hmm, just realized our 2 starting LBs both had names starting with Mc. Ajayi probably gets one of those positions and may be an upgrade. irons would likely be in line for the other one, but personally I would like to see Brandon Tillmon put on about 10 pounds and move from safety. He lost his starting safety job to Espinosa and he has the frame to add the weight and is a hitter. If I'm not mistaken, his HS coach, Dave Bennett, said he thought Brandon would end up at about 230 and play LB.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
2nd defection in cam jones. Interesting both come out right after its announced gill and co will return.
By Class of 20Something
So we are probably looking at 25-30 bodies to bring in this off season, right? Typical FCS class of 16. 10 more to bridge the extra scholarships. A couple dropping from the program. Thats a little unsettling.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. Jones was not going to play much other than special teams so he makes since. Mckinney had a ton of talent but they couldnt seem to make him play in control. I still thought he was the best lb we had.

Recruiting wise, im pretty confident we are close on a couple more 2 stars. After that i see a lot of guys that we are there only fbs offfer. Beebee visited oklahoma this weekend and if they offer we wont get him. There is a 3 star de kelechi that i think we can get.

Another huge problem is qb. We better get lynum or sarrat because thats the only 2 that have shown any interest in us that have fbs type talent.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
The only thing that will make us competitive over the next few years is some FBS transfers, maybe a QB, RB, and LB. I look at all the FCS teams I follow and in comparison we have the fewest if any FBS transfers. Will Johnson, WVU , a non-factor, a TE from Mississippi that never played (injury?), and Seth Nerness ISU, who knows? Rocco did a much better job attracting transfers. Of course, Rashad Jennings landed in his lap due to family circumstances ( our best years). How often does that happen? I think our recruiting is overrated and while coaching gets a lot of criticism, and rightly so, the talent level isn't what most people think it is IMHO.
By Jonathan Carone
Chippy wrote:The only thing that will make us competitive over the next few years is some FBS transfers, maybe a QB, RB, and LB. I look at all the FCS teams I follow and in comparison we have the fewest if any FBS transfers. Will Johnson, WVU , a non-factor, a TE from Mississippi that never played (injury?), and Seth Nerness ISU, who knows? Rocco did a much better job attracting transfers. Of course, Rashad Jennings landed in his lap due to family circumstances ( our best years). How often does that happen? I think our recruiting is overrated and while coaching gets a lot of criticism, and rightly so, the talent level isn't what most people think it is IMHO.
Until they change the transfer rules, transfers won’t be nearly as helpful or possible now since guys will have to sit out a year if they transfer to us.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
The only thing I think that helps us in the transfer case is no bowl game next year. So, some of these FBS guys could think, "I can wait out a season that doesn't allow for post-season play".
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
You don't just wait out a year you lose a year, unless you have a redshirt available. If you drop down a class no issues but sideways or upward you lose.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Lost cardavion myers to wku. He had visited and teammate beadles is a commit. That one hurts. The list is dwindling.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Just to shed more light on the INCREDIBLE season Buckshot had:

Buckshot would have finished 16th in all of FBS in passing yards. The 15 players in front on him, only 3 had less interceptions than him and only 6 had more TD passes. Let's not forget that he played one less game then each of these guys too.

One thing is for certain when it comes to next seasons offense: We lose 2 starters (Michael Henderman and Carrington Moseley). We will miss both of their leadership and work ethic and leadership. Yet, all of our top 4 receivers are back and this record setting offense will be better and more explosive. Therefore, that one thing for certain is WE WILL SCORE!!!

BUT. . . . . WILL OUR DEFENSE GET BETTER???????

ODU better be ready!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Also we dont have another mosley. Nobody on the roster for sure. Maybe west could be but he will be a true freshman.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I guess my reasoning is two-fold:

1. We will be another year in Dailey's system with more personal improvement from everyone(I HOPE), which should produce a more efficient offense.

2. We put up 48 points against Baylor and even though they went (1-11), I still think their defense is more athletic and better than 8 or 9 of the teams we play next year.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Just to shed more light on the INCREDIBLE season Buckshot had:

Buckshot would have finished 16th in all of FBS in passing yards. The 15 players in front on him, only 3 had less interceptions than him and only 6 had more TD passes. Let's not forget that he played one less game then each of these guys too.

One thing is for certain when it comes to next seasons offense: We lose 2 starters (Michael Henderman and Carrington Moseley). We will miss both of their leadership and work ethic and leadership. Yet, all of our top 4 receivers are back and this record setting offense will be better and more explosive. Therefore, that one thing for certain is WE WILL SCORE!!!

ODU better be ready!
Still need a running game/offensive line for balance!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Just to shed more light on the INCREDIBLE season Buckshot had:

ODU better be ready!
Still need a running game/offensive line for balance!!
Yeah. Imagine the numbers with an O Line!!
By Jonathan Carone
I say this to not to take anything away from Calvert, but I really hope he never puts up numbers like this again. He got so many of his passing yards when we were down multiple scores in the second quarter and had to start throwing to catch up. Hopefully in the future we aren’t putting ourselves in those holes.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I say this to not to take anything away from Calvert, but I really hope he never puts up numbers like this again. He got so many of his passing yards when we were down multiple scores in the second quarter and had to start throwing to catch up. Hopefully in the future we aren’t putting ourselves in those holes.
Correct. As a general rule, most of the time, the team that has the most passing attempts, loses the game. We sure looked very poor on offense against Jacksonville. Most of the defenses we play next year will be better than them. We need MAJOR upgrades on both the OL and DL. Don't see it happening by next year. But hey, I guess we can find 10 great lineman in our recruiting class or in our redshirts. Kinda like finding 10 childless Mormon families though.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Kinda like finding 10 childless Mormon families though.
Flameshaw has JOKES??? :rofl
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]