Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Kinda like finding 10 childless Mormon families though.
Flameshaw has JOKES??? :rofl
Not that I can tell
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Kinda like finding 10 childless Mormon families though.
Flameshaw has JOKES??? :rofl
Not that I can tell
You will get it in another week or two PH. You did graduate from WVU didn't you, my good friend?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:You will get it in another week or two PH. You did graduate from WVU didn't you, my good friend?
Two FUNNNIES in a row. :lol: :lol: Flameshaw is on FIRE, and Purple got BURNED! :flamethrower (and there wasn't even a Morgantown couch involved).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
flameshaw wrote:You will get it in another week or two PH. You did graduate from WVU didn't you, my good friend?
Two FUNNNIES in a row. :lol: :lol: Flameshaw is on FIRE, and Purple got BURNED! :flamethrower (and there wasn't even a Morgantown couch involved).
I just don’t find continually offensive and mean spirited remarks funny. But then again I’m not one who has to tear others down to feel good about myself

Cider NO ONE gets burned in Morgantown sans couch! On a side note we are looking at a new sectional sofa and Mrs Purple has stated unequivocally several times I will NOT be allowed to dispose of the old one via fire. Party Pooper
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Yeah...interesting.

Pretty normal though. People are always going to leave, especially if they don't get along with a coach, which always happens.
A lot of assumptions being made. Both of these players are graduating, and neither is going to play in the NFL. There are lots of reasons they might want to pursue their Masters degree at another institution.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Yeah...interesting.

Pretty normal though. People are always going to leave, especially if they don't get along with a coach, which always happens.
Every program has players who become less than enamored with their head coach. I think in FB it’s more their Position Coach or Coordinator
My concern/question is when a coach looses the locker room. That has happened several times in Basketball at LU and at least once in FB. Disgruntled players aren’t that big a cause for concern. Fractured locker rooms are.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Gentlemen,

KSU is about to make the Big South look really good! Proud of the owls. They went into JSU and punched them in the mouth!!! KSU is no joke fellas and its because of their fundamentally sound team and execution of their offense. The triple option is more dangerous in college football today than it ever was due to the lack of teams that actually run it well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Gentlemen,

KSU is about to make the Big South look really good! Proud of the owls. They went into JSU and punched them in the mouth!!! KSU is no joke fellas and its because of their fundamentally sound team and execution of their offense. The triple option is more dangerous in college football today than it ever was due to the lack of teams that actually run it well.
But I thought it was a High School Offense? That it is easily stopped because everyone knows what’s coming? #fakenews !!!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:How many teams have won championships with that offense? And second, I think it’s boring! :wink:
Lots
And how can you not think it’s exciting? Every play has the potential to be a huge gain or TD
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Gentlemen,

They have the best defense in the BSC and one of the best in all FCS. That's why they win.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:How many teams have won championships with that offense? And second, I think it’s boring! :wink:
Lots
And how can you not think it’s exciting? Every play has the potential to be a huge gain or TD
When’s the last time a triple option team in college football has won a championship?
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
I thought every play regardless of the type of offense you run it out of has the CHANCE for a big gain or TD.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:I thought every play regardless of the type of offense you run it out of has the CHANCE for a big gain or TD.
:exactly
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:I thought every play regardless of the type of offense you run it out of has the CHANCE for a big gain or TD.
Not like the triple option. It’s crazy watching a little full back dive go for 25 or 30 yards. I would rather watch that than the Power I or Pro Set Offense
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Lots
When’s the last time a triple option team in college football has won a championship?
Well you didn’t say RECENTLY. Ha. But until the 80’s lots of teams. Not sure so much about the 90’s. The RPO is basically an off shoot of the Option as well. So if you wanted to go that route. Auburn and Clemson maybe.
I just don’t get the hate
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:I like Clemson’s offense. A lot of motion and misdirection which leads to big plays.
Yeah. It’s fun to watch. Especially on my new TV :D
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Georgia Southern won a couple of championships back in 2000 running the triple option under Paul Johnson. It works if you find the right coach/personnel
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:best offense is the "no huddle spread"
Last team to win a National Championship running that?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Last season?
Clemson?
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]