Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Cold day for a ball game, and it only got colder. Tailgated at 1:00 with chili, hot dogs/brats, and hot cider (of course). Good football game, except for 2 fumbles and Presby connecting on a few bombs for big plays. Loved the two sky divers in the pregame.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately we have seem Monmouth and KSU get progressively better since joining the BSC . . . . us, not so much . . we have leveled off at 6-5 or 7-4 type team that can't win the BSC. Monmouth and KSU will be in FCS playoffs this year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Kennesaw State destroyed Chuck South, 38-0. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That seems to be the talking point
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Very poor performance by the D again today. Gave up almost 500 total yards and almost 300 in the air. In addition PC missed several wide open passes, that could have made things a lot worse, Including 3 into the end zone at the end of the game. Never did put much.any pressure on their QB, but we did blitz a few times.
Offense had a very good game plan, executed well and Buckshot threw some unbelievably accurate passes. He was not under pressure very much at all and rolled out more than normal. I expect that was by design.
End of the day, we beat a team we should have beat, played good offense, horrible defense. We need major surgery to the coaching staff, not a band-aid. If we were eligible for the BSC title, we would be in 3rd place, with no chance to win/tie. That is not acceptable and frankly embarrassing.
Have to say that TG once again showed a lot of class by going out on the field and checking the injured PC player. I just wish he could coach.
By CCWMichael
Anyone who saw this game, unimpressive on the field. O looked fair and the D was secondary. Catch that? I will not even begin to break down the lapses on D, that will be another detailed thread. This is not where we should be at this point in time.
Loved the win, I will take it. I will miss campus until the ODU game.
Some will say D coaching needs changing. I say it all needs changing. The talent on the field is what TG wanted and these are his most trusted talents in coaching ....
The Hose put up 28 .. please, go to their web site and look at their numbers for the year. Their output should not have occurred against an FBS transition school.
Our weakness (1) was exposed. Fortunate with the run in this one ..inferior opponent. The O looked fired up and played well.
From a vet to the university ... very well done at half... all day
#FireGill
By Class of 20Something
I was throughly upset with the changes to my gameday experience today.

Liberty has never had a weapons policy or metal detectors prior to this game. Showing up to lines of hundreds of people only to have to make a trip back to my vehicle before I could enter the stadium was infuriating. You don't implement that kind of security without telling people first.

Our clear bag that we purchased was emptied out on to a table. What exactly is the point of it being clear if you don't look through it?

I got my refill in my cup, juggled my things as I prepared my ticket to show the staffer at the top of my section. But there wasn't anyone there. I make my way down to my seats to find a family of five in them. Then they started to argue with me. They had GA tickets. I showed them their section and got a response of "oh that's why everyone is over there."

The pregame festivities were jumbled together. Presbyterian entered the field at the same time as the flames. The pump up music was during the coin toss. I missed everything else because it took 40 minutes to get inside the stadium.

All around my worst experience at Liberty football.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I was throughly upset with the changes to my gameday experience today.

I got my refill in my cup, juggled my things as I prepared my ticket to show the staffer at the top of my section. But there wasn't anyone there. I make my way down to my seats to find a family of five in them. Then they started to argue with me. They had GA tickets. I showed them their section and got a response of "oh that's why everyone is over there."

The pregame festivities were jumbled together. Presbyterian entered the field at the same time as the flames. The pump up music was during the coin toss. I missed everything else because it took 40 minutes to get inside the stadium.

True ..... :oops: :dontgetit
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Presby's OC gave Liberty a gift. WHY did they abandon the running game, when it was clear the D-line couldn't stop their RB? They should have had that final TD and made this one a LOT closer than it should have been.

I kept hearing about how the defense came up big yesterday during the game, but I sure didn't see it much. They had some good stops, and a few key stops, but on the whole it was a disappointing defensive effort.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote:Presby's OC gave Liberty a gift. WHY did they abandon the running game, when it was clear the D-line couldn't stop their RB? They should have had that final TD and made this one a LOT closer than it should have been.

I kept hearing about how the defense came up big yesterday during the game, but I sure didn't see it much. They had some good stops, and a few key stops, but on the whole it was a disappointing defensive effort.
Where were you hearing that? Not here for sure. Maybe from York, but he pretty much never says anything negative about any aspect of our teams. Not sure if that is by decree from above, or he just doesn't want to stir the pot.
By rtb72
Class of 20Something wrote:I was throughly upset with the changes to my gameday experience today.

Liberty has never had a weapons policy or metal detectors prior to this game. Showing up to lines of hundreds of people only to have to make a trip back to my vehicle before I could enter the stadium was infuriating. You don't implement that kind of security without telling people first.

Our clear bag that we purchased was emptied out on to a table. What exactly is the point of it being clear if you don't look through it?

^This. Completely unorganized entry! Kinda like our pass defense several times. So lucky WIDE OPEN PC receivers can't catch and the PC QB was not accurate. On a positive note: Buckshot broke a school record for season TD passes and he amazed me on several "thread the needle" passes. Frankie may have had the best game I've seen all year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

Was this a different procedure then last week? It was pretty lax last week
I do agree about ushers. People were seat jumping in our row the whole game People couldn’t find their seats and were asking people around them because there was no Usher etc near by to ask. I would suspect that is because they have a difficult time finding people to work
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Was this a different procedure then last week? It was pretty lax last week
I do agree about ushers. People were seat jumping in our row the whole game People couldn’t find their seats and were asking people around them because there was no Usher etc near by to ask. I would suspect that is because they have a difficult time finding people to work
Haven't missed a team entry in 9 years. Yesterday was nothing like I've seen before? :lol: Maybe we should do it that way more often. We almost ran the opening kickoff back for a TD before the band could get off the field. Then our offence had to run a play 30 seconds after leaving the locker room. Had to use their first time out on second down to figure out where they were. :lol: I tell one thing, official don't play, game kicks off at 3:35 pm. I guess the sky divers took to long to get on the ground yesterday.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Pre-game was a disaster. The metal detectors were new and going through all of the bags, keys. wallets, phones, etc. took waaaaaaaaaay too long. The sky-divers were a nice touch, but having the band on the field in no kind of formation looking up into the sky looked real, real, real, bush league, even for our band.
As a suggestion, I would have a separate line for the Club Level and Suite Level seats. (That way I wouldn't have to stand in line so long). Even the airlines do that and they have the worst customer service in any kind of industry.
Letting those of us who carry, know ahead of time would be helpful also. Walking back to the car and having to get back in line isn't pleasant. (If the metal detectors were really turned on). 8) :lol:
Last edited by flameshaw on November 12th, 2017, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Anyone who saw this game, unimpressive on the field. O looked fair and the D was secondary. Catch that? I will not even begin to break down the lapses on D, that will be another detailed thread. This is not where we should be at this point in time.
Loved the win, I will take it. I will miss campus until the ODU game.
Some will say D coaching needs changing. I say it all needs changing. The talent on the field is what TG wanted and these are his most trusted talents in coaching ....
The Hose put up 28 .. please, go to their web site and look at their numbers for the year. Their output should not have occurred against an FBS transition school.
Our weakness (1) was exposed. Fortunate with the run in this one ..inferior opponent. The O looked fired up and played well.
From a vet to the university ... very well done at half... all day
#FireGill
1. Absolutely
2. Was exposed game 1.
3. Agree..........next Sunday
By willflop
flameshaw wrote:Pre-game was a disaster. The metal detectors were new and going through all of the bags, keys. wallets, phones, etc. took waaaaaaaaaay too long. The sky-divers were a nice touch, but having the band on the field in no kind of formation looking up into the sky looked real, real, real, bush league, even for our band.
As a suggestion, I would have a separate line for the Club Level and Suite Level seats. (That way I wouldn't have to stand in line so long). Even the airlines do that and they have the worst customer service in any kind of industry.
Letting those of us who carry, know ahead of time would be helpful also. Walking back to the car and having to get back in line isn't pleasant. (If the metal detectors were really turned on). 8) :lol:
They were, my steel toe boots set it off. Thankfully I didn't have to take them off after explaining.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
No defensive pressure at all. Bend don't break mentality puts us in last place in every category IN THE BIG SOUTH. Only PC has given up more rushing yards. 8 SACKS ALL YEAR :shock: I wonder we we rank in FCS in defense (points allowed and yardage give up)?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I look for our "entry" to undergo a makeover next year. Also game operations. If we are gonna be FBS we need to change most everything we do on game day . I hope we go back to having out of town score board somewhere in the stadium.

As for our lack of sacks, sometimes we play as if it is against the rules to rush the passer. We did put pressure on PC QB 2 times, if my memory is correct.

Did we have any blocked punts this season ? We don't seem to put much pressure on punters.
By willflop
Chippy wrote:No defensive pressure at all. Bend don't break mentality puts us in last place in every category IN THE BIG SOUTH. Only PC has given up more rushing yards. 8 SACKS ALL YEAR :shock: I wonder we we rank in FCS in defense (points allowed and yardage give up)?
We give up 31.4 ppg, which ranks 102 in FCS, out of 123. We give up 452 ypg, ranked 110th.

Edit...Offensively, we are ranked 9th in ypg and 20th in ppg.
Last edited by willflop on November 12th, 2017, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]