Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:
Chippy wrote:No defensive pressure at all. Bend don't break mentality puts us in last place in every category IN THE BIG SOUTH. Only PC has given up more rushing yards. 8 SACKS ALL YEAR :shock: I wonder we we rank in FCS in defense (points allowed and yardage give up)?
We give up 31.4 ppg, which ranks 102 in FCS, out of 123. We give up 452 ypg, ranked 110th.
A few tweaks and we can get this baby turned around. Let's be positive. What goes up must... :roll:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:
Chippy wrote:No defensive pressure at all. Bend don't break mentality puts us in last place in every category IN THE BIG SOUTH. Only PC has given up more rushing yards. 8 SACKS ALL YEAR :shock: I wonder we we rank in FCS in defense (points allowed and yardage give up)?
We give up 31.4 ppg, which ranks 102 in FCS, out of 123. We give up 452 ypg, ranked 110th.
Next year is going to be a real struggle with an FBS schedule looming.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Everybody wanted to move up. I'm probably one of the few people that was against it. If you can't dominate at the FCS level with all the money and resources I don't see much changing after moving up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:Everybody wanted to move up. I'm probably one of the few people that was against it. If you can't dominate at the FCS level with all the money and resources I don't see much changing after moving up.
You were not alone in that thinking. But what is done is done

:flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Two old guys in my party set the metal detectors off with their belt buckles. Thankfully, they were't asked to take off their pants. :shock:
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Again. Wimbo has absolutely got to go. The defense has been in a steady decline for 2 to 3 years and now its a total dumpster fire. Adding in nerneess ajayi and the best defensive recruits we can get this year wont change the play calling and schematic design as well as lack of adjustments. I think if gill manages to win at csu he will likely manage to talk himself into 1 more year with a change at dc. The problem is the answer is not internal and who are you going to get from the outside knowing the coach is on a 1 year trial.

Id still clean house personally but im pretty sure he still has 2 years on the contract and that might make it difficult to move on if he can get to 7 and 4. (Still a huge under acheivement). That saint francis loss is right up there as the worst of the new era with the presby loss. Maybe worse considering it was at home.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:Everybody wanted to move up. I'm probably one of the few people that was against it. If you can't dominate at the FCS level with all the money and resources I don't see much changing after moving up.
I wasn't for moving up as an independent, but like Purple says, what is done is done. The only positive changes that can will help on the field performance, has to begin with a new coaching staff. Without that, as a foundation, things will never improve. Things might not improve then, unless we choose a new coach wisely.
We are also going to have to look for a new conference affiliation, in which a good football program will be a necessity. PC and G-W are likely to drop football scholarships very soon.
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:I was throughly upset with the changes to my gameday experience today.

Liberty has never had a weapons policy or metal detectors prior to this game. Showing up to lines of hundreds of people only to have to make a trip back to my vehicle before I could enter the stadium was infuriating. You don't implement that kind of security without telling people first.

Our clear bag that we purchased was emptied out on to a table. What exactly is the point of it being clear if you don't look through it?

I got my refill in my cup, juggled my things as I prepared my ticket to show the staffer at the top of my section. But there wasn't anyone there. I make my way down to my seats to find a family of five in them. Then they started to argue with me. They had GA tickets. I showed them their section and got a response of "oh that's why everyone is over there."

The pregame festivities were jumbled together. Presbyterian entered the field at the same time as the flames. The pump up music was during the coin toss. I missed everything else because it took 40 minutes to get inside the stadium.

All around my worst experience at Liberty football.
1+ fans should have been notified of the change.
As for my weapon no problems. Walked up to the scanner, showed my ID and my conceal carry permit, state police examined my permit, matched my ID, and allowed me in with my weapon.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
You were not alone in that thinking. But what is done is done

:flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
Yep! We shall see. I hope they can get things turned around but I don't see it getting done with this bunch.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is long overdue, but let me take a moment to thank you guys for the photo galleries you guys post every week. The photography is amazing and far too often I know that I taake it for grante dthat they will be there each week. So thank you to the photogs and the men who put them online.

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I was throughly upset with the changes to my gameday experience today.

Liberty has never had a weapons policy or metal detectors prior to this game. Showing up to lines of hundreds of people only to have to make a trip back to my vehicle before I could enter the stadium was infuriating. You don't implement that kind of security without telling people first.

Our clear bag that we purchased was emptied out on to a table. What exactly is the point of it being clear if you don't look through it?

I got my refill in my cup, juggled my things as I prepared my ticket to show the staffer at the top of my section. But there wasn't anyone there. I make my way down to my seats to find a family of five in them. Then they started to argue with me. They had GA tickets. I showed them their section and got a response of "oh that's why everyone is over there."

The pregame festivities were jumbled together. Presbyterian entered the field at the same time as the flames. The pump up music was during the coin toss. I missed everything else because it took 40 minutes to get inside the stadium.

All around my worst experience at Liberty football.
1+ fans should have been notified of the change.
As for my weapon no problems. Walked up to the scanner, showed my ID and my conceal carry permit, state police examined my permit, matched my ID, and allowed me in with my weapon.
Good to know. I didn't even make an attempt.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It’s LU. The chancellor was probably carrying. Why not try?

Gill is extremely loyal to his staff. If he’s given the ultimatum of changing DC, I don’t think he does it.
By Class of 20Something
I try not to get into contest with LE about my right to carry. There are a ton of well educated, coherent LEO's that actually know the limitations of the law. But there are some that believe they are the law and become arrogant because of the badge. Pick your battles.

CCWMichael, they didn't make you unholster or show them the weapon did they? Kinda defeats the purpose of CCW if they did.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
JK37 wrote:Gill is extremely loyal to his staff. If he’s given the ultimatum of changing DC, I don’t think he does it.
Happened with Rocco.
Gill has already shuffled his coaching staff a couple of times. I can see him doing it again
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:It’s LU. The chancellor was probably carrying. Why not try?

Gill is extremely loyal to his staff. If he’s given the ultimatum of changing DC, I don’t think he does it.
I don't think that is going to be the deciding factor in this case. DC is a big problem, but not the biggest.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I try not to get into contest with LE about my right to carry. There are a ton of well educated, coherent LEO's that actually know the limitations of the law. But there are some that believe they are the law and become arrogant because of the badge. Pick your battles.

CCWMichael, they didn't make you unholster or show them the weapon did they? Kinda defeats the purpose of CCW if they did.
That was my thought. I have some experience with a couple of LU officers that I don't want to repeat. I am sure they don't want to either. :)
By k9saber
flameshaw wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I try not to get into contest with LE about my right to carry. There are a ton of well educated, coherent LEO's that actually know the limitations of the law. But there are some that believe they are the law and become arrogant because of the badge. Pick your battles.

That was my thought. I have some experience with a couple of LU officers that I don't want to repeat. I am sure they don't want to either. :)
I was very pleased when the troopers began working the football games...if something is going to happen, having the state police in the house is going to make a huge difference. Although, I have heard that LUPD is getting a lot of quality training nowadays, long overdue.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wimbo would likely be reassigned. There are 2 position coached that are highly underwhelming. On the other side of the ball dearmon has recruited and coached well. Wimberley is a much better recruiter than either.
By Class of 20Something
jinxy wrote:Wimbo would likely be reassigned. There are 2 position coached that are highly underwhelming. On the other side of the ball dearmon has recruited and coached well. Wimberley is a much better recruiter than either.
DeArmon is an up and comer. He is young enough to GET(be hip, cool, rad, whatever) the recruits without faking it.

Look at Turner Gills Twitter. It's the same gif over and over and over.
By CCWMichael

They conducted themselves with class. Just checked my permit. They did wand me but I never once had my weapon looked upon or fondled.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
How many times can shuffling the staff be done to save ones job, before the powers ask themselves, “Maybe it’s the one doing the shuffling?”
UTEP

We lose finale 4-3. There's not enough room on th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]