Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Presbyterian College
Clinton, South Carolina

PC Football Official Site

Tommy Spangler
7th Year as PC Head Coach - 1st Since 2006

2017 Schedule/Results
  • Aug 31 - @ Wake Forest ......................................... 7 - 51(L)
    Sep 09 - The Citadel .............................................. 7 - 48(L)
    Sep 16 - Campbell ............................................... 28 - 16(W)
    Sep 23 - Cumberland (TN) ................................... 27 - 20(W)
    Sep 30 - Wofford ................................................... 7 - 31(L)
    Oct 07 - St. Francis (PA) ....................................... 26 - 14(W)
    Oct 14 - Charleston Southern* .............................. 0 - 7(L)
    Oct 28 - Kennesaw State* ..................................... 0 - 28(L)
    Nov 04 - @ Monmouth* ...................................... 21 - 42(L)
    Nov 11 - @ Liberty* ............................................. 3:30 PM
    Nov 18 - Gardner-Webb*

Key Players
    # Ben Cheek
    6' 0" 190 lbs Junior Quarterback
    In 8 Games: 77-of-129 (59.7%) for 804 Yds with 4 TDs & 4 INTs + 100 Carries for 288 Yds

#4 Torrance Marable
    5' 10" 185 lbs Freshman Running Back
    Thru 9 Games: 142 Carries for 726 Yds (5.1 YPC) and 3 TDs + 7 Catches for 89 Yds & 1 TD

#5 DaShawn Davis
    5' 9" 155 lbs Junior Receiver
    Thru 9 Games: 32 Catches for 399 Yds with 2 TDs

#10 Grand Beidel
    6' 1" 230 lbs Senior Linebacker
    Thru 9 Games: 90 Tackles including 6.5 for Loss + 1 Forced Fumble + 2 Fumble Recoveries

#14 Elijah Turner
    6' 0" 185 lbs Sophomore Defensive Back
    Thru 9 Games: 54 Tackles including 2.5 for Loss + 1 INT + 1 Forced Fumble
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Cider's tailgate will finally be open again for business with NO conflicting Quiz Bowl tournaments this Saturday! :tailgate
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Theoretically speaking this could be our last home conference game for a very long time. Yeah, they did beat St. Francis but it would terrific to finish them off one last time to remind them free will triumphs in the end. And yes, I know we have Calvinists all over our campus. But I'm an Old Hag so indulge me.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What if Calvinist and Armenians are both right and both wrong???

LU flashback there.

**edit**

My proofreading skills were predestined to be terrible.
Last edited by thepostman on November 5th, 2017, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Since we won't know for certain until long afternoon the debate won't matter, I am good with that suggestion. This Saturday they are predestined to lose.
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:Since we won't know for certain until long afternoon the debate won't matter, I am good with that suggestion. This Saturday they are predestined to lose.
God exists outside of time. It's not God's willing them to lose that makes them lose. They can lose all on their own. He is just present to at all time simultaneously. God is currently observing their loss as well as every other moment in time.
By CCWMichael
Hating to shun this great conversation (thanks for the laughs) but match-up wise this game will be difficult to call. I can't believe I am saying that for an FBS bound team.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:Should be an easy win
Uh, they beat St Francis. If we play defense like the second half of the Duquesne game, we will win, but easy should not be in our vocabulary.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
lawrenceq wrote:Should be an easy win
Uh, they beat St Francis. If we play defense like the second half of the Duquesne game, we will win, but easy should not be in our vocabulary.
We'll see which version of the Flames show up Saturday.
By CCWMichael
Just read where we are favored pretty big ... Thank you Sea Of RED. Our inability to perform mundane tasks scares me. i do not care that we essentially do own the hose ... and we should here, it is the should that scares me. There are some good one-on-one-match-ups here with our lack of technical (poor technique) ability. However, I will predict a win with score to be determined. And, we are going FBS.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Senior Night "NORMALLY"(see last years butt whooping by CSU) brings out the best in a team. Solomon McGinty deserves to win this game and win it big! That guy has given everything he has had in the tank this year for this team. Michael Henderman has been an anchor of leadership for the O-Line and Carrington Moseley, well his play proves where his heart is. If we can't get motivated and focused for these seniors than we don't deserve to win the game. For the record, I do think we give the ole hoes. . . I mean hose a dominant parting gift. LU wins 38-10.

Needless to say, the only thing predestined about this weekend is good ole Chucky B bringing it as he sings God Bless the USA!!!
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Senior Night "NORMALLY"(see last years butt whooping by CSU) brings out the best in a team. Solomon McGinty deserves to win this game and win it big! That guy has given everything he has had in the tank this year for this team. Michael Henderman has been an anchor of leadership for the O-Line and Carrington Moseley, well his play proves where his heart is. If we can't get motivated and focused for these seniors than we don't deserve to win the game. For the record, I do think we give the ole hoes. . . I mean hose a dominant parting gift. LU wins 38-10.

Needless to say, the only thing predestined about this weekend is good ole Chucky B bringing it as he sings God Bless the USA!!!
Except that he left TRBC months ago. I expect him to return but that isn't a sure thing.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]