Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If anyone was at he game, who was the assistant in the red pull over/long sleeve shirt ? I like that guy
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Gill is a classy/great guy...................................... can't coach. I really feel bad for him. Hope we can find a place for him to land.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This and $1 will get you a donut....
Watching live gives a different perspective. It’s just a fact regardless the sport
Any recruit deciding against LU isn’t because of facilities or Game day experience. Both are light years ahead of a lot of schools. Amazing
Nothing changes my opinion that Calvert is the best QB and GG is the best WR I’ve seen at LU. They looked like men among boys.
Whoever the Coach in the red long sleeve shirt/pull over (Defense QCC?) is what we need more of from the Assistants. Lots of positive energy. Lots of positive enthusiasm Lots of interaction with the players. And the players seemed to listen and respond.
#44 on defense is spunky. I like him. He plays with heart and energy every time he’s on the field. Can’t say that about everyone on defense. That’s an issue.
The O Line. Bless their heart. They try (harder than the defense at times) but they just don’t have it. I think that’s why you see the ‘interesting ‘ offensive play calls. If your O Line is limited your playbook is limited. Especially running plays. It also might explain the lack of up tempo most of the game. They just don’t have the personnel to run it at thatt pace in anything but in spurts. It’s a disaster and I have no idea where they are in recovery efforts.
There are a lot of RB’s
As for Special Teams........
[youtube]9bwQ3N1w2Hs[/youtube]

I was concession Free for the most part. Really enjoyed the Flames Club tent. And the Fiery Dr Pepper may be my new Game Day Go To
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Really pleased with the way the squad performed with the gut check. The most troubling takeaway for me was not the rough start on the field, but the lack of butts in the seats. Yeah, I know the weather was miserable but ...

One last bite at the apple next Saturday for fans before the expansion kicks into high gear.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Really pleased with the way the squad performed with the gut check. The most troubling takeaway for me was not the rough start on the field, but the lack of butts in the seats. Yeah, I know the weather was miserable but ...

One last bite at the apple next Saturday for fans before the expansion kicks into high gear.
I see where I was sitting. This must be at the start of the second half. We’d left at halftime. It’s too cold, rainy and I’m too old.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
With all of the good games on TV today, the weather and most importantly, the terrible effort that we have seen lately, it is not surprising.
It was good to see some halftime adjustments that actually worked. And Mosely was a beast today. Calvert finally started looking for other receivers, not named AGG, in the second half and it made a yuuuuuge difference.

Streeter 4 life
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: As for Special Teams........

I was concession Free for the most part. Really enjoyed the Flames Club tent. And the Fiery Dr Pepper may be my new Game Day Go To
I had that thing when I was REAL little lol. It kicked about as well as Probert did today.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: As for Special Teams........

I had that thing when I was REAL little lol. It kicked about as well as Probert did today.
Then you sucked at it!! I was ACES with that bad boy. Had the cuts and bruises and loss of feeling to prove it! (Also had the hockey one)
By CCWMichael
A shame we (my family) had to miss a win. Looks like it was ugly. We held the ball 10 minutes longer, won turnovers. We lost total yardage.
We got lucky #FireGill
I wonder if the family we gave our tickets to stayed?
Anyhow ... next week better be a win but, I still lack confidence of a win via my amazing ability to perceive the obvious
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Really pleased with the way the squad performed with the gut check. The most troubling takeaway for me was not the rough start on the field, but the lack of butts in the seats. Yeah, I know the weather was miserable but ...

Between 14000-15000 wasn't bad for the weather and a game with nothing on the line. Got to like the way this team never gives up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:

Between 14000-15000 wasn't bad for the weather and a game with nothing on the line. Got to like the way this team never gives up.
I think I was counted twice. Along with a couple thousand others :D
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:What was official attendance?
14,600. There were a ton of people under the stands on the concourse especially when the rain started. Seemed like the students stayed home. Baptist side was quite full.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
As sparsely attended as it appeared several schools would love to have that turn out at ANY game. The fact that may people came out in that weather with other distractions is a good sign for the future of LU football
By rtb72
It was miserable weather, but we stayed till the end and I'm so glad we did. My wife, MY WIFE, actually said for us to stick it out "a little longer"....much to the chagrin of the kids. Nevertheless, it was a fun game to watch at the end. The defense won the day on turnovers really. But I will say the Oline should be credited for one touchdown that they literally pushed into the endzone from the 2 or so. A lot of fans did stay...but in the concourse. I don't think this changes anything regarding our coaching situation. It was a game we should have won and did...nothing more, nothing less. Alas, mediocrity.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
We have 7 season tickets. Had two no shows yesterday. Our empty seats on the lower level under the overhang and out of the rain were used by two honored guest in the second half. :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:It was miserable weather, but we stayed till the end and I'm so glad we did. My wife, MY WIFE, actually said for us to stick it out "a little longer"....much to the chagrin of the kids. Nevertheless, it was a fun game to watch at the end. The defense won the day on turnovers really. But I will say the Oline should be credited for one touchdown that they literally pushed into the endzone from the 2 or so. A lot of fans did stay...but in the concourse. I don't think this changes anything regarding our coaching situation. It was a game we should have won and did...nothing more, nothing less. Alas, mediocrity.
Several fans were at Ledo’s watching the game. So that was pretty cool. I was just grabbing my pizza to go!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am sure they count season ticket holders whether they show up or not. This is nothing unique, everyone does it. Paid attendance is what counts.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I wanted to watch the video to actually watch the defense since we literally cannot stop the run the last 5 weeks.

-No depth on the dline. That's been the same all year and Trey Franklin wouldn't have made that big of a difference. Complete whiff on the coaching staff for not replacing all the lost bodies of the last couple years. Avery and Wells are difference makers and Brown gives it all he's got but he's just a bit undersized. Hurtado & Storey are virtually invisible. Mitchell and Saunders can be good in the future but they are both very raw and Mitchell does not appear to be in shape to take a ton of snaps.
-We only have 7 sacks on the year. That's less than 1 per game and has gotten virtually no attention. Wells is drawing all kinds of attention so that's why his numbers are down. I've been noticing there isn't a lot of variation in the techniques. We don't do any swim or spin moves and we just don't play down hill in the front 7. We are completely recationary and almost always get pushed backwards. So many of the runs over the last month have been untouched by the front 7 leaving the secondary to have to make the tackle. On one of the big runs yesterday that was zero containment leaving Mcginty as virtually the only man on that side of the field, total busted coverage.
-As Haize said the defense just doesn't play with passion to me. Maybe it's the scheme or maybe we just don't have enough talent but we're getting pushed back all day long.

You can see a CLEAR talent and size difference between the NEC teams like St Francis and Duquense and us. We're bigger faster and stronger for the most part across the board yet we're 1 and 1 against them with a close win.

KSU won again but that's all about Wimbo's inability to stop the option whether it's the players or him.

Monmouth just ran over his defense. Yesterday Duquense going conservative and rain is what helped us in the second half.

To me, it's crystal clear. Either Gill will be fired or at minimum he will be forced to change D Coordinators. I've always heard good things about Wimberley as a person and as a recruiter but the defense just doesn't have it.

Offensively we have the pieces other than the Oline. Haize is right there. Duff seems to be the only real difference maker on the line.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I wanted to watch the video to actually watch the defense since we literally cannot stop the run the last 5 weeks.

-No depth on the dline. That's been the same all year and Trey Franklin wouldn't have made that big of a difference. Complete whiff on the coaching staff for not replacing all the lost bodies of the last couple years. Avery and Wells are difference makers and Brown gives it all he's got but he's just a bit undersized. Hurtado & Storey are virtually invisible. Mitchell and Saunders can be good in the future but they are both very raw and Mitchell does not appear to be in shape to take a ton of snaps.
-We only have 7 sacks on the year. That's less than 1 per game and has gotten virtually no attention. Wells is drawing all kinds of attention so that's why his numbers are down. I've been noticing there isn't a lot of variation in the techniques. We don't do any swim or spin moves and we just don't play down hill in the front 7. We are completely recationary and almost always get pushed backwards. So many of the runs over the last month have been untouched by the front 7 leaving the secondary to have to make the tackle. On one of the big runs yesterday that was zero containment leaving Mcginty as virtually the only man on that side of the field, total busted coverage.
-As Haize said the defense just doesn't play with passion to me. Maybe it's the scheme or maybe we just don't have enough talent but we're getting pushed back all day long.

You can see a CLEAR talent and size difference between the NEC teams like St Francis and Duquense and us. We're bigger faster and stronger for the most part across the board yet we're 1 and 1 against them with a close win.

KSU won again but that's all about Wimbo's inability to stop the option whether it's the players or him.

Monmouth just ran over his defense. Yesterday Duquense going conservative and rain is what helped us in the second half.

To me, it's crystal clear. Either Gill will be fired or at minimum he will be forced to change D Coordinators. I've always heard good things about Wimberley as a person and as a recruiter but the defense just doesn't have it.

Offensively we have the pieces other than the Oline. Haize is right there. Duff seems to be the only real difference maker on the line.
You agreed with me twice. Hopefully you have an appointment with your physician scheduled soon :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]