Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Since I’m being disappointed by my Mountaineers I can check in here on the Flames disappointing season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU up 12-6 at the half. Three TDs scored, and no one can make an exta point on special teams.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Its a shame that Buckshot is having a historical season at QB for us and yet, here we sit at 3-4.

I really think Big Ole Vince Wilfork could run against our defense with much success. HA!

I still think we pull away in the second half.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Of all the negatives you can point out about our coaching, I think the thing that annoys me most is Gill's obsession with chasing points early in games, especially considering our horrible track record and total lack of imagination on 2 point conversions.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Of all the negatives you can point out about our coaching, I think the thing that annoys me most is Gill's obsession with chasing points early in games, especially considering our horrible track record and total lack of imagination on 2 point conversions.
The theory is sound. The execution has some technical difficulties
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, Mosely is on a roll, averagting 6 yards a carry. Do we ride with him? No. In comes Hickson and after 2 carries we face 3rd and 5 and come up short on a screen pass. :banghead :banghead
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I know we still have to try and be semi-balanced, but after they kick a field goal it is not a good idea to slow it down once again. Keep the tempo up and put the pressure on their defense. Yet, we played into their defensive strength. Lets finish them off.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
G-W scores a TD, but LU is still up by 2 points, 19-17.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU scores again, up 26-17.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Someone explain to me the logic behind running it 3 times up the gut where that now we kick a field goal. Let it rip with buckshot atleast once. We continue in times like this to put the game in the hands of the worst defense in the Big South.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU up 33-17, thanks to an interception run back for a TD.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Ironic how are defense seals the deal for the win!
. . . and we kept them under 500 yards!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Barely. In spite of outstanding games by both Buckshot and Mosely we were outgained 483-458. Big plays by Peters and Brown saved the day.

Besides the run defense getting trucked as usual, does anyone else see a disturbing trend with us giving up a basically uncontested touchdown pass on a total breakdown of coverage? That made at least 4 or 5 this year. No excuse for that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Barely. In spite of outstanding games by both Buckshot and Mosely we were outgained 483-458. Big plays by Peters and Brown saved the day.

Besides the run defense getting trucked as usual, does anyone else see a disturbing trend with us giving up a basically uncontested touchdown pass on a total breakdown of coverage? That made at least 4 or 5 this year. No excuse for that.
That’s been a pattern for the past several years. Usually in key situations
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]