Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Fellas, y'all know the drill.

But to spice things up; what is your prediction for how many times "#FireGill" will come up on the GW game thread?
How about totals?

Total score of the game vs total times the game thread says #FireGill.

I'm going to say #FireGill has no chance given our defense.

42-38 Liberty

This week's attendance doubles Monmouth for a total of 34 people attending the game.
By CCWMichael
I have so fallen of the confidence ride but at some point a certain amount of pride needs to come to the field. This will be the week. Our D will play run first and fill gaps, be proactive and not reactive, and maintain lanes. We will even make some great reads. Our O will be headed N + S and not E + W. Coaches are feeling the hot seat and want jobs elsewhere and the kids want to win. A five point spread should be plastered all over the locker room ... if it is not something is wrong.

FLAMES WIN. 49-30 .. A few big pass plays we typically give up will result in scores for the bad guys.

I hope my crazy dreams actually come true someday ....
By Class of 20Something
CCWMichael wrote:I have so fallen of the confidence ride but at some point a certain amount of pride needs to come to the field. This will be the week. Our D will play run first and fill gaps, be proactive and not reactive, and maintain lanes. We will even make some great reads. Our O will be headed N + S and not E + W. Coaches are feeling the hot seat and want jobs elsewhere and the kids want to win. A five point spread should be plastered all over the locker room ... if it is not something is wrong.

FLAMES WIN. 49-30 .. A few big pass plays we typically give up will result in scores for the bad guys.

This is what Jonestown looks like ladies and gents. Pour me a tall glass of that :koolaid I need it.
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:I have so fallen of the confidence ride but at some point a certain amount of pride needs to come to the field. This will be the week. Our D will play run first and fill gaps, be proactive and not reactive, and maintain lanes. We will even make some great reads. Our O will be headed N + S and not E + W. Coaches are feeling the hot seat and want jobs elsewhere and the kids want to win. A five point spread should be plastered all over the locker room ... if it is not something is wrong.

This is what Jonestown looks like ladies and gents. Pour me a tall glass of that :koolaid I need it.

Psssst , that's grape koolaid
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
To quote a line from the We Are Marshall movie, "Back on track!" Wimbo's defense throws a shutout, and Buckshot is back to his old form.

LU 49
G-W 0

:koolaid
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope you are correct. But the way defense has played past 2 games, we would be hard-pressed to shut out Brookville High School.
Or even worse the Gretna Hawks. :lol:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 17
Gardner Webb 14
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:To quote a line from the We Are Marshall movie, "Back on track!" Wimbo's defense throws a shutout, and Buckshot is back to his old form.

LU 49
G-W 0

:koolaid
But that would make the season interesting, at least (until we get hammered by Duquesne)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Gardner-Webb's record is 1-6, and in half of those losses they have scored an average of only 2 points per game: they were shutout by Wyoming and only scored 3 points against both North Carolia A&T and Kennesaw State. And their only win was against D2 Shorter College that only has 1,800 students.

Hoping for another shutout! :football
Last edited by Cider Jim on October 27th, 2017, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By CCWMichael
Predictions are all over the board . My love for LU tells me victory .. then reality sets in and I expect a loss. So, my prediction can follow the boards predictions easily. If we had some consistency it would be an easier pick.

WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Our offense is terrible, your defense is struggling. Typical of every game this year, our defense keeps us in it until they wear out. LU gets a late TD to make the wargin wider.

LU 27
GW 13
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:Our offense is terrible, your defense is struggling. Typical of every game this year, our defense keeps us in it until they wear out. LU gets a late TD to make the wargin wider.

LU 27
GW 13
Pretty close with the narrative.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
g-webb1994 wrote:Our offense is terrible, your defense is struggling. Typical of every game this year, our defense keeps us in it until they wear out. LU gets a late TD to make the wargin wider.

LU 27
GW 13
Pretty close with the narrative.
"your defense is struggling" the understatement of the year. If not for the 2 picks at the end of the game GWU could have easily gone over 500 yards.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]