Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Fellas, y'all know the drill.

But to spice things up; what is your prediction for how many times "#FireGill" will come up on the GW game thread?
How about totals?

Total score of the game vs total times the game thread says #FireGill.

I'm going to say #FireGill has no chance given our defense.

42-38 Liberty

This week's attendance doubles Monmouth for a total of 34 people attending the game.
By CCWMichael
I have so fallen of the confidence ride but at some point a certain amount of pride needs to come to the field. This will be the week. Our D will play run first and fill gaps, be proactive and not reactive, and maintain lanes. We will even make some great reads. Our O will be headed N + S and not E + W. Coaches are feeling the hot seat and want jobs elsewhere and the kids want to win. A five point spread should be plastered all over the locker room ... if it is not something is wrong.

FLAMES WIN. 49-30 .. A few big pass plays we typically give up will result in scores for the bad guys.

I hope my crazy dreams actually come true someday ....
By Class of 20Something
CCWMichael wrote:I have so fallen of the confidence ride but at some point a certain amount of pride needs to come to the field. This will be the week. Our D will play run first and fill gaps, be proactive and not reactive, and maintain lanes. We will even make some great reads. Our O will be headed N + S and not E + W. Coaches are feeling the hot seat and want jobs elsewhere and the kids want to win. A five point spread should be plastered all over the locker room ... if it is not something is wrong.

FLAMES WIN. 49-30 .. A few big pass plays we typically give up will result in scores for the bad guys.

This is what Jonestown looks like ladies and gents. Pour me a tall glass of that :koolaid I need it.
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:I have so fallen of the confidence ride but at some point a certain amount of pride needs to come to the field. This will be the week. Our D will play run first and fill gaps, be proactive and not reactive, and maintain lanes. We will even make some great reads. Our O will be headed N + S and not E + W. Coaches are feeling the hot seat and want jobs elsewhere and the kids want to win. A five point spread should be plastered all over the locker room ... if it is not something is wrong.

This is what Jonestown looks like ladies and gents. Pour me a tall glass of that :koolaid I need it.

Psssst , that's grape koolaid
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
To quote a line from the We Are Marshall movie, "Back on track!" Wimbo's defense throws a shutout, and Buckshot is back to his old form.

LU 49
G-W 0

:koolaid
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope you are correct. But the way defense has played past 2 games, we would be hard-pressed to shut out Brookville High School.
Or even worse the Gretna Hawks. :lol:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 17
Gardner Webb 14
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:To quote a line from the We Are Marshall movie, "Back on track!" Wimbo's defense throws a shutout, and Buckshot is back to his old form.

LU 49
G-W 0

:koolaid
But that would make the season interesting, at least (until we get hammered by Duquesne)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Gardner-Webb's record is 1-6, and in half of those losses they have scored an average of only 2 points per game: they were shutout by Wyoming and only scored 3 points against both North Carolia A&T and Kennesaw State. And their only win was against D2 Shorter College that only has 1,800 students.

Hoping for another shutout! :football
Last edited by Cider Jim on October 27th, 2017, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By CCWMichael
Predictions are all over the board . My love for LU tells me victory .. then reality sets in and I expect a loss. So, my prediction can follow the boards predictions easily. If we had some consistency it would be an easier pick.

WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Our offense is terrible, your defense is struggling. Typical of every game this year, our defense keeps us in it until they wear out. LU gets a late TD to make the wargin wider.

LU 27
GW 13
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:Our offense is terrible, your defense is struggling. Typical of every game this year, our defense keeps us in it until they wear out. LU gets a late TD to make the wargin wider.

LU 27
GW 13
Pretty close with the narrative.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
g-webb1994 wrote:Our offense is terrible, your defense is struggling. Typical of every game this year, our defense keeps us in it until they wear out. LU gets a late TD to make the wargin wider.

LU 27
GW 13
Pretty close with the narrative.
"your defense is struggling" the understatement of the year. If not for the 2 picks at the end of the game GWU could have easily gone over 500 yards.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]