Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

BuryYourDuke wrote:Unfortunately heard about this right after it happened. I didn't want to bring it up...
No offense, but isn’t this kind of newsworthy? Burying negative stories isn’t the best look.
Sly Fox wrote:Yeah, he has some issues that need addressing. It was mentioned briefly back when he was arrested.
I wasn’t able to find it through the search function. Do you happen to recall where it was mentioned? I obviously never saw it.

EDIT: And I’d say this is far worse than “issues that need addressing.” He was preying on minors.
Jonathan Carone wrote:
adam42381 wrote:I wasn’t able to find it through the search function. Do you happen to recall where it was mentioned? I obviously never saw it.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24857

Down in the old folks home. That’s where most alumni stuff gets posted. You commented on it.
Apparently I did hear about it and forgot. I even posted in that thread. I’m getting old.
adam42381 wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Unfortunately heard about this right after it happened. I didn't want to bring it up...
No offense, but isn’t this kind of newsworthy? Burying negative stories isn’t the best look.
I remember talking with Jon when this all went down. The general idea wasn’t that it was burying a negative story but rather not further embarrassing another Liberty grad (Brock’s then wife Lauren) by making the story even bigger.
Jonathan Carone wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
I remember talking with Jon when this all went down. The general idea wasn’t that it was burying a negative story but rather not further embarrassing another Liberty grad (Brock’s then wife Lauren) by making the story even bigger.
I get the idea, but that seems like a very slippery slope. Also, I don’t think this board gets enough traffic to embarrass her more than having her husband’s face plastered on local TV channels and newspapers.
This news was shocking and it hurt. I think it reminds each of us that any one of us is one sin away from going down a path that could put you behind bars or worse. I love what John Owen says, "be killing sin or it will be killing you." Brothers on this board, my prayer for all of us is that we will kill sin daily so that we give God the glory that He so deserves. Fact is, our pursuit of holiness matters so much to God. Further my prayer for Brock is healing and a renewed pursuit of holiness even as he lives with the consequences of this sin. Finally, my prayer for his wife and family is that they heal, recover and that they have a refreshed pursuit of holiness too.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:This news was shocking and it hurt. I think it reminds each of us that any one of us is one sin away from going down a path that could put you behind bars or worse. I love what John Owen says, "be killing sin or it will be killing you." Brothers on this board, my prayer for all of us is that we will kill sin daily so that we give God the glory that He so deserves. Fact is, our pursuit of holiness matters so much to God. Further my prayer for Brock is healing and a renewed pursuit of holiness even as he lives with the consequences of this sin. Finally, my prayer for his wife and family is that they heal, recover and that they have a refreshed pursuit of holiness too.
I’m alarmed that I continually see these types of responses that include T&P for everyone but the victims.
adam42381 wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:This news was shocking and it hurt. I think it reminds each of us that any one of us is one sin away from going down a path that could put you behind bars or worse. I love what John Owen says, "be killing sin or it will be killing you." Brothers on this board, my prayer for all of us is that we will kill sin daily so that we give God the glory that He so deserves. Fact is, our pursuit of holiness matters so much to God. Further my prayer for Brock is healing and a renewed pursuit of holiness even as he lives with the consequences of this sin. Finally, my prayer for his wife and family is that they heal, recover and that they have a refreshed pursuit of holiness too.
I’m alarmed that I continually see these types of responses that include T&P for everyone but the victims.
I agree with your assessment.

Right or wrong but people tend to focus more on the people they have some sort of personal connection with.
BuryYourDuke wrote:What a football player from nearly a generation ago does really isn't news for a sports website covering the team. Just my opinion. If you want to start a site that covers that sort of thing, I say go for it.
We get it. You run the show. Do as you wish.

If this happened to a player on any major athletic team - college or pro - I can almost guarantee it would get covered on their main board. Feel free to remove the posts or move them to the rarely trafficked Old Folks Home if you see fit.

EDIT: I meant to say former player (especially a starter at a high profile position).
Last edited by adam42381 on October 29th, 2017, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]