Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
If anyone else follows Uniswag or Uniform Authority on Twitter, it's an easy way to keep an eye on uniforms around college football. I wanted to start a fun thread talking about our favorite uniform combos for Liberty and what we can wish for in the future.

All red everything is easily my favorite combination. The matte red helmets are beautiful.

One future helmet I would like to see with the blue or white helmet is using the trailing flames from off the face of the helmet.

I could see doing a gimmicky fire on the shoulders on a future jersey.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I pay very little attention to uniforms. I have seen teams get caught up in what color uniforms they wear to the point it affects their play. Virginia Tech fell in this trap a few years ago. I think teams should wear one home uniform and one road uniform. No need for multiple combinations.
One fun thing that MLS has me looking forward to every off season is with the three jerseys, a new one is released every season. You get 3 years with a jersey. They're never outdated. Every off season I watch my team get new threads.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:One fun thing that MLS has me looking forward to every off season is with the three jerseys, a new one is released every season. You get 3 years with a jersey. They're never outdated. Every off season I watch my team get new threads.
It’s a great revenue stream
By Jonathan Carone
I would guess we are in store for an entirely new set of uniforms next year.

All red is my least favorite.

Anything with the red pants is a no go for me actually.

Don’t love the white helmet either.

Love the white top/bottom on the road with blue or red helmet.

Red jersey/white pants at home should be reserved for big games.
By LUOrange
I think our multiple color combination uniforms are here to stay for a while. The only thing I'd change is using the actual LU logo with the eagle head on the blue and white helmets Vs just the "LU" that is used now. My personal favorite uniform was the Broncos knock off we had when Rocco was here.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Who cares about the uniforms, I just want wins. There should only be two sets of uniforms: Home & Away.
ballcoach?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Who cares about the uniforms, I just want wins. There should only be two sets of uniforms: Home & Away.
ballcoach?
Ha ha ha! I almost started my post, "I am going to sound like Ballcoach, but..."
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
How about the helmets? Do you and ballcoach want to go back to the leather ones without the cages?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Our uniforms and helmets are garbage. I have never seen an LU football uniform or helmet that has been super sharp. Our basketball team stays out in front of the trends and what looks good, football has just been awful.
By Ewglenn
R i wrote:Our uniforms and helmets are garbage. I have never seen an LU football uniform or helmet that has been super sharp. Our basketball team stays out in front of the trends and what looks good, football has just been awful.
I disagree, I think the white helmets are nice. I like the matte red but I wish they had the LU on them instead.
Chippy wrote:I like Penn State's uniforms, then Alabama's.
Beautiful and classic. Sadly, Liberty is not a school built on 200 years of legacy. Unless you have that winning pedigree a simple, timeless uniform is labeled as boring in 2017.

Uniforms, sadly, are a recruiting tool. It shouldn't matter but it does.
By CCWMichael
I agree with my daughter, she is highly uopset when we do not wear RED at home. No matter the combination a red prominent to fit the Be Early, Be Loud, Wear RED fits well ... If we are in blue jerseys a red helmet required with the current or red with the LU logo. Red pants would work if we have the white headgear. On the road .... whatever works.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]