Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
Aloha,
I cannot help but post after hearing the comments of Buckshot and McGinty after the Monmouth loss. It was great to hear a statement that despite what they are hearing outside they will fight for each other and believing it is the players responsibility to perform. As an old soldier and coach, I refuse to accept his reasoning. Again, great to hear there is a rally to protect for if not that would be extremely concerning.
My big one is, “coaches don’t win or lose games”. To some degree this is correct. The players do hold a measure of responsibility and even the greatest teams will miss plays and perfection is not a possibility. Now consistency is coaching. IE: giving up rushing yards consistently or consistently producing 400 yards a game. Given consistency allowing 100 yards rushing could happen and offense production of 111 yards could happen, but that would not be the norm.
Vanderbilt had many years of terrible teams, and they were brothers together, then along came a major improvement that led to success. That coach went on to a Penn State position. Did the improvement at Vandy and the consistency at Penn State occur because of the players? To some degree but coaching wins the day. I can go on with examples in this area and so could many of you.
From a soldier’s perspective in Desert Storm one the United States encountered the fourth largest military in the world and decimated it in minimal time. Why, great leadership in Iraq or on the United States part? Did all the soldiers fail to support each other on either side? One can have all the tools needed for victory (Liberty does) but it is leadership that produces results. As well as college football programs, there are many battle instances where poor leadership has led to the superior force being defeated (Vietnam). I for many years in business, soldiering, and football live by the fact a team will only be at best as good as its leadership.
An example from a work situation could be where every employee is fed up with poor leadership yet they still work and band together amongst themselves to build a sense of team. Employees will typically only perform as well as their mangers. It is natural for us to band together in difficult times so kudos to the kids for wanting to do their best.
Liberty needs to realize it is the coaching that is lacking production. #FireGill #NoExcuses
Soon to come will be my take on what coaches may be a fit and why …
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
CCWMIchael comes into this place bringing it strong. I don't necessarily agree with all of your takes. But I respect the manner in which you are bringing them. Franklin is a bit of a coaching unicorn right now. And I doubt he celebrates President's Day with an address in Happy Valley. But I see you working. Very few coaches have that type of impact and it is tough to identify them and even moreso when you factor in our mission.
By JODY REYNOLDS
Brandon Streeter. Enough said. YouTube him. He can turn this around. He has been hanging out with DABO and DESHAWN for last couple of years. He knows how to win. We could start with 8 in the box to stop the run. Maybe 9 in the box. D could give up 20 and still win. We can’t keep doing the same things over and over and expect different results. That is of course insanity.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]