Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:A couple things here:
rogers3 wrote:Streeter... everything I've read about him says that he has been instrumental in developing offenses into passing machines, particularly at Liberty and Richmond. Don't think that passing is an area we really need help on.
You are thinking of who we have currently. That guy is gone in two years. Plus, if he’s this good with average coaching and questionable play calling, imagine what he could be with someone with Streeter’s QB experience helping with his development.
rogers3 wrote:Hopefully McCaw will be looking at someone with more experience. I'm sure he is a great guy and he is good at what he does, but why in the world would anyone think he'd be great as a head coach? By the way, that wasn't a rhetorical question.
Here’s his resume:

Offensive coordinator at two Top 25 FCS programs
QB coach for All Americans at the FCS and FBS level
Recruiting coordinator for a top five FBS program

An intangible of Streeter is that he’s the son of a very successful head coach. His dad was the head coach at Gettysburg College for over 30 years. While it’s only Division III, being around the head coach for that long gives him a unique perspective.

Lastly, as a player, he was a starting QB in the ACC and on the Academic Honor Roll.

Streeter is one of those guys that is looked at as “going to be a head coach one day.” I don’t know that he’s ready yet nor do I know if he’d want to leave his alma mater that has been built to a top five program under a coach he played for to come to a place he left on not great terms who is transitioning as an independent. The two biggest selling points would be money and getting a jump start on being a head coach.

If you were him, would you go to Liberty and try to build something that’s never been done or would you position yourself for OC at Clemson when the current OC leaves and then get a high G5/low P5 head coaching gig in 5-6 years? It’s a tough question and one any candidate we go after will ask themselves.
Thanks. Reasonable observations. Didn't know about the family history either.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:OC at Clemson probably will pay the same. He knows what LU is about. And if he didn't like it from previous experience....

I heard that Streeter loved LU and Thomas Road Baptist Church when he was here.
By Jonathan Carone
Jerry Falwell Jr wrote:A lot of people have been calling for his firing. You can’t judge a coach’s value by one factor like a string of losses. He took us to the playoffs. The previous coach never did that. He won a game in the playoffs. The jury is still out on what he can do for us. No decision has been made.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Jerry Falwell Jr wrote:A lot of people have been calling for his firing. You can’t judge a coach’s value by one factor like a string of losses. He took us to the playoffs. The previous coach never did that. He won a game in the playoffs. The jury is still out on what he can do for us. No decision has been made.
Could be the dreaded 'Kiss of Support'!!
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Could also be politics.

If JLFJR has given the reigns of Athletics to IM, this is the answer I would expect. I would not expect him to say anything unsupportive. I would not expect him to support him.

I'll also note he did not refer to the decision with any possession. He didn't say "I haven't made a decision."

I trust the 2014 Athletic Director of the year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Sounds more like the "side hug" of indecision to me.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Could also be politics.

If JLFJR has given the reigns of Athletics to IM, this is the answer I would expect. I would not expect him to say anything unsupportive. I would not expect him to support him.

I'll also note he did not refer to the decision with any possession. He didn't say "I haven't made a decision."

I Just don't trust JFJr. That's the problem.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:
Could also be politics.

I Just don't trust JFJr. That's the problem.
I might edit my original post to if
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Falwell speaks to Gill's job status

http://www.aseaofred.com/falwell-speaks ... ob-status/
No one is calling for his firing because we lost 4 games. It is the WAY we look in those and every other loss. Heck, even in the way we look in some wins. The boneheaded penalties, the missed assignments, the lack of adjustments, the lack of passion... I could go on. The score is almost irrelevant. No team can win consistently with these issues and most lead directly back to coaching.
By Dalegarz1
ALAFlamesFan said: No one is calling for his firing because we lost 4 games. It is the WAY we look in those and every other loss. Heck, even in the way we look in some wins. The boneheaded penalties, the missed assignments, the lack of adjustments, the lack of passion... I could go on. The score is almost irrelevant. No team can win consistently with these issues and most lead directly back to coaching.

Well, said! As for JR's reference to bringing us to the playoffs, let's not forget it would not have happened if not for a blocked field goal. (speaking of which we should be 2-5 at this point). I was at the Monmouth game and posted a few comments on another thread. What I failed to say was it bordered on unbelievable how easily Monmouth moved the ball. There were times when I thought we were playing with 9 on defense. Poor tackling, poor scheme , poor coaching.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Would you guys have rather he said "he's getting fired at the end of the season but, shhh, dont tell him"

I don't understand why media asks questions like this. It's almost to force someone to be untruthful.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
CinciFlame wrote:Streeter currently makes $430,000 according to a google search.
A quick look at LU's overall strategy should be enough to rule him out. He obviously isn't a big enough deal to have here. You know, as Christians, it should be better. We needed a tower taller than anything around, because we need people around to know that we are bigger and better. We should think much bigger than Streeter... someone who is already at the 800k+ range (will sports people think that it's to low?) with a name that has been out there in the press. Go big- no, huuugge, or go home.
By CCWMichael
rogers3 wrote:
CinciFlame wrote:Streeter currently makes $430,000 according to a google search.
A quick look at LU's overall strategy should be enough to rule him out. He obviously isn't a big enough deal to have here. You know, as Christians, it should be better. We needed a tower taller than anything around, because we need people around to know that we are bigger and better. We should think much bigger than Streeter... someone who is already at the 800k+ range (will sports people think that it's to low?) with a name that has been out there in the press. Go big- no, huuugge, or go home.
Biting linguistics but in the end I can agree with go big or go home
By Class of 20Something
rogers3 wrote:
Are you suggesting the President coach our football team?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
Are you suggesting the President coach our football team?
Ya know, since you brought it up, it has a possibility......

President Trump and JR are good pals
President Trump and Robert Kraft are pals
Robert Kraft owns the Patriots
Therefore LU could have an inside track on one of the Patriots Coordinators
THAT would check a lot of LU boxes. I vote Matt Patricia!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]