Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Does a positive 3rd quarter mean adjustments are being made?

Why pooch the kickoff? Out of bounds would've been better for field position,
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Addiction Network commercial keeps freezing my feed
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man wimberley is just flat embarassing. His pre game quotes were pretty bad then you see this. Barf.
By BigRed1
ballah09 wrote:I really hope they drop 70 on us so IM can fire Gill on the spot.
Just 2 more touchdowns. Could we be so lucky? Probably not.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BigRed1 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:I really hope they drop 70 on us so IM can fire Gill on the spot.
Just 2 more touchdowns. Could we be so lucky? Probably not.
Well if they run any type of option.....
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:2nd best rushing effort ever. Another record. How bad is robert wimberly.
is second best ever a "record"?
By BigRed1
CBS Sports has a Bottom 25 poll each week. I can see us holding the #1 spot a lot next year if this coaching staff sticks around.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Another great effort by our always successful coach Gill and team. The end of this season can't come soon enough. I will probably miss the last two home games this year, just can't take the poor effort. First ones I have missed in many, many a year.

Gill 4 life.
By rtb72
flameshaw wrote:Another great effort by our always successful coach Gill and team. The end of this season can't come soon enough. I will probably miss the last two home games this year, just can't take the poor effort. First ones I have missed in many, many a year.

Gill 4 life.
Does it appear the coaching staff has just given up... I mean really, after St. Francis, there was no drive or excitement. They have to know at this point...so "why bother" may be the attitude. If so, would it be best just to shoo them along? I didn't watch the game, so I can't speak on how they acted on the sidelines. I'm just asking based on previous two games and some of the comments made recently. I'd really like to know what the atmosphere is like in the locker room and practices.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Another great effort by our always successful coach Gill and team. The end of this season can't come soon enough. I will probably miss the last two home games this year, just can't take the poor effort. First ones I have missed in many, many a year.

Gill 4 life.
Does it appear the coaching staff has just given up... I mean really, after St. Francis, there was no drive or excitement. They have to know at this point...so "why bother" may be the attitude. If so, would it be best just to shoo them along? I didn't watch the game, so I can't speak on how they acted on the sidelines. I'm just asking based on previous two games and some of the comments made recently. I'd really like to know what the atmosphere is like in the locker room and practices.
That's a tough question because even on the best days the coaching staff doesn't show a lot of emotion. But if you want to extrapolate, Defense is played with a lot of energy and emotion. Look at how many points and yards given up. Offensively they certainly made some tough catch and put up some points. So it's a mixed bag
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
So much like the fundamentalist TRBC I was raised in. Talk a big talk, spend lots on your appearance, but be a big steaming pile of crap on the inside. This is the Liberty Way as it relates to football.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BigRed1 wrote:Do you think Gill fires DC hoping it takes away attention of how bad a HC he is?
Can't see it helping much. Didn't TG hire him? There is no way to remove attention from how bad TG is right now, I see zero chance that Gill is back next year, even if we win every game we have left on the schedule, in a shut out. With the exception of JSU, every one of our losses this year, was worse than the Baylor win was good. Just can't explain it.
By BigRed1
flameshaw wrote:
BigRed1 wrote:Do you think Gill fires DC hoping it takes away attention of how bad a HC he is?
Can't see it helping much. Didn't TG hire him? There is no way to remove attention from how bad TG is right now, I see zero chance that Gill is back next year, even if we win every game we have left on the schedule, in a shut out. With the exception of JSU, every one of our losses this year, was worse than the Baylor win was good. Just can't explain it.
Gill fired Wagner. He was a Gill hire.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BigRed1 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
Gill fired Wagner. He was a Gill hire.
Yeah it's not uncommon for coaches to let personnel go that they hired
By PAFlame
Looking forward to when we beat Gardner Webb 13-10 on a last-second field goal and the team lifts up TG in the air and carry him in victory. It helps when JR fires up the crowd at halftime by yelling at students!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Think about this. Nearly every week we are giving up career or program record performances. Isu receiver had over 250. Monmouth today had 2 backs go over 150 each and a receiver had 175 i believe. Kennesaw state had 500 yards rushing. St francis had the biggest win in their program history.

I think the only thing gill has left is to fire demote wimberly. He will only do it if he thinks it will save him. It wont but it wouldnt surprise me at this desparate state.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]