Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:Do we not do post-mortem threads any more? Or are we waiting to do a post-mortem on the entire season? :wink: :wink:
Too much effort.
But no one is stopping you! :)
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
rmiller1959 wrote:Do we not do post-mortem threads any more? Or are we waiting to do a post-mortem on the entire season? :wink: :wink:
Too much effort.
I'm just curious, not motivated! :D
By BigRed1
Here’s another record for ya. I’m pretty sure this ties the most points scored against us in BS play. The other game was the first year we were in the BS.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Too much effort.
I'm just curious, not motivated! :D
I totally respect the crap out of that
By Class of 20Something
Buckshot

25/50 408yds 5 TD 0 INT

AGG

9 catches for 127 Yards

BJ Farrow

3 catches for 126 yards

Carrington Mosley

10 carries for 71 yards

This is a Defensive loss. 0 fumbles. 0 interceptions. We won the turnover battle. We let MONMOUTH put 56 on us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Buckshot

25/50 408yds 5 TD 0 INT

AGG

9 catches for 127 Yards

BJ Farrow

3 catches for 126 yards

Carrington Mosley

10 carries for 71 yards

This is a Defensive loss. 0 fumbles. 0 interceptions. We won the turnover battle. We let MONMOUTH put 56 on us.
When let loose the Offense isn’t the problem
When playing with passion and enthusiasm the defense is adequate
By Dalegarz1
Well, for the second time in three years my family all traveled to Monmouth "stadium" only to watch us be embarrassed on several levels. The following account is symbolic of the ineptness of our coaching staff. With about 8 minutes left in the game, we cut the lead to 10 only to watch it quickly go back to 17. We then had the ball and needed three scores to have any chance. Probable-no, but still a possibility. If ever there was a time to run an up tempo offense, it certainly was now. Instead, there was absolutely no sense of urgency with the same scenario of Buckshot looking over to the sideline to eventually get the play call as precious seconds continued to tick away. There were many LU fans who could not believe what they were watching. It was INEXCUSABLE!

Fire now and appoint an interim. This will give notice to all coaches who might be interested in coming that there is an opening. In addition, the new early signing period in December would not be as difficult if a new coach was in place.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Also, why did we not kick a field goal on the 4th and 6 or whatever it was? We're down 17 and need 3 scores. Instead we go for it and don't make it. That sealed it. No intelligent comprehension of what it takes to show your team that we can still win this thing.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We didnt kick because gill is the textbook example of a point chaser.

I would love to see our 2 pt conversion attempts and success numbers in gills 5 and half years. I would guess something like 4 for 35.
By Class of 20Something
jinxy wrote:We didnt kick because gill is the textbook example of a point chaser.

I would love to see our 2 pt conversion attempts and success numbers in gills 5 and half years. I would guess something like 4 for 35.
It works for the Steelers, but they didn't go from Lunsford to Probert.
By karasguy66
Dalegarz1 wrote:Well, for the second time in three years my family all traveled to Monmouth "stadium" only to watch us be embarrassed on several levels. The following account is symbolic of the ineptness of our coaching staff. With about 8 minutes left in the game, we cut the lead to 10 only to watch it quickly go back to 17. We then had the ball and needed three scores to have any chance. Probable-no, but still a possibility. If ever there was a time to run an up tempo offense, it certainly was now. Instead, there was absolutely no sense of urgency with the same scenario of Buckshot looking over to the sideline to eventually get the play call as precious seconds continued to tick away. There were many LU fans who could not believe what they were watching. It was INEXCUSABLE!

Fire now and appoint an interim. This will give notice to all coaches who might be interested in coming that there is an opening. In addition, the new early signing period in December would not be as difficult if a new coach was in place.
The problem with that is no matter where you are looking,FCS or FBS, for the most part you would have to wait until after playoffs or bowl games. I agree something needs to happen sooner than later though.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]