Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
I am furious the coaches would call out the players for not being able to adjust quickly enough. If that is the case, we should not only have been recruiting fast athletes but kids with football knowledge. If I were an athlete on this team I would not trust my leadership when they call me out in a public forum. It all goes back to coaching regardless. The bet in my small cranium is we will be outcoached again. I don't want to say a loss here but history (5 years) of our performance and lack of improvement forces me to surmise we will lose. NO EXCUSES

The players bear a burden as well. I am not a close to the sidelines as some, but it appears the team does not have a woodman on this team (Wizard of OZ reference). I watch the benches when the team is down, and the starters do not acknowledge support from other benches or sideline players (unless we are doing well). Granted many leaders are intrinsically set for the role however leadership can be taught and that ultimately is the coaches responsibility. This will force me to surmise we will lose in the Garden state. NO EXCUSES

We have the talent it is the lack of a conductor for that talent that will be our demise this week. We are on life support and in need of a revival. :medic
By BigRed1
After losing to Syracuse, Dabo Swinney went to the Syracuse locker and congratulated some of the opposing players. After reading the article about final thoughts on Monmouth, I observed coaches blaming inexperienced on the players as the cause of loses. One is an example of class, the other is an example of coaches trying to cover up their own shortcomings.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Leaders lead and take responsibility for 100% of the bad and share 100% of the good with the rest of the team members. A very, very wise man once said "everything rises and falls on leadership."
Try blaming subordinates at a high level in the business world and see how long you last. I saw one VP, at a Fortune 500 company, fired and walked out the door immediately for doing so. More than a few others have also made the same mistake. Not good.
By rtb72
flameshaw wrote:Leaders lead and take responsibility for 100% of the bad and share 100% of the good with the rest of the team members. A very, very wise man once said "everything rises and falls on leadership."
Try blaming subordinates at a high level in the business world and see how long you last. I saw one VP, at a Fortune 500 company, fired and walked out the door immediately for doing so. More than a few others have also made the same mistake. Not good.
LU coaches blaming the players and also suggesting THEY have the vision and can see it...but the problem is the kids??? Scapegoating is one of the truest marks of failed leadership! That also happened in the explanation of the ISU 4th qtr. time out. the HC threw the OC under the bus. I am starting to form an opinion I never thought I would have as this year evolves. I am seeing things out of this staff that are petty and indicative of failed leadership and management. It is clear to me at least...they are in "self preservation mode". If they keep this up...even if they survive, they'll return with little credibility. Step up and be a d&%* leader for once!

Dear LU Football Coaches: "Ego is the anesthesia that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Unknown
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:A very, very wise man once said "everything rises and falls on leadership."
That would be Lee Roberson.

Tennessee Temple University, the college he founded, closed a few years after he died.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Leaders lead and take responsibility for 100% of the bad and share 100% of the good with the rest of the team members. A very, very wise man once said "everything rises and falls on leadership."
Do it long enough and you become POTUS.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]