Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
*Sponsored by 5th and Federal
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
House on fire wrote:Who gets the interim nod?
Ed Gomes?
Morgan Haut is on campus.
By BigRed1
Our 2018 opponents are shaking in their shoes. The phones will be ringing off the hook Monday from every major conference in the nation. Why? Because we have the successful Coach Gill. Even The NY Times says he is. And we all know the Times reports nothing but the gospel truth.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Did something ive never done before. Left at the end of the 3rd qtr. drove an hour and tossed my 2 tickets to the last 2 games in the trash. Gill must be fired and theres no coming back from this. Dont care what else we do and dont care whAt commits we get. This staff cannot take us where we need to go.

Just like layer, im not going back until gill is gone.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:
House on fire wrote:Who gets the interim nod?
Randy Dunton!!!
I’m going to let that be a Rule Exempt
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Will we meet minimun attendance records the rest of the season? Will we keep committed recruits?
Time to move on now. Instead of Art, which is clearly a joke, has anyone mentioned Kendall?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Will we meet minimun attendance records the rest of the season? Will we keep committed recruits?
Time to move on now. Instead of Art, which is clearly a joke, has anyone mentioned Kendall?
Attendance is a good question, but we have a bit of cushion to work with. Recruits want to play, and some may actually see this as an opportunity. IMHO Kendall and the other Baylor assistants were closer to the problem and every bit as culpable as Art. I wouldn't want him as our coach.
By Ewglenn
olldflame wrote:
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Will we meet minimun attendance records the rest of the season? Will we keep committed recruits?
Attendance is a good question, but we have a bit of cushion to work with. Recruits want to play, and some may actually see this as an opportunity. IMHO Kendall and the other Baylor assistants were closer to the problem and every bit as culpable as Art. I wouldn't want him as our coach.
I agree I wouldn't want anyone else tied to Baylor. I'm all in on JMU's coach.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Fortunately, we have only two home games left so hopefully we'll meet the attendance requirements (average 15,000 actual or paid attendance). I wonder how serious the NCAA is about that requirement since I know Coastal Carolina couldn't possibly be meeting the attendance requirements with a stadium that holds only 9,000 people. I know they have expansion plans but that doesn't help them now, and they're in their first full year as an FBS team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Briles
Miles
Stoops
T Bowden
Sweeney
Jimbo
By rtb72
I think it was pretty much imminent. The lack of passion and drive from the staff have overtaken the team. The majority just were not amped up from the get go. They got a little hype in the fourth.....but it was over. There is no more progress under Gill. I watched a team tonight get manhandled and a staff that looked incompetent and unprepared. The option!!!....it was no secret, but appeared as if we had never seen it before. Fans frustrated.....and recruits (once again) leaving early. The time for tough decisions has come and if we want a football program....we have to go our separate ways with Gill.
By Ewglenn
rmiller1959 wrote:
Fortunately, we have only two home games left so hopefully we'll meet the attendance requirements (average 15,000 actual or paid attendance). I wonder how serious the NCAA is about that requirement since I know Coastal Carolina couldn't possibly be meeting the attendance requirements with a stadium that holds only 9,000 people. I know they have expansion plans but that doesn't help them now, and they're in their first full year as an FBS team.
Coastal already did phase one 15k. Phase two starts at the end of the season 21k.
By coastalalum
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:I wonder how serious the NCAA is about that requirement since I know Coastal Carolina couldn't possibly be meeting the attendance requirements with a stadium that holds only 9,000 people. I know they have expansion plans but that doesn't help them now, and they're in their first full year as an FBS team.
Coastal's attendance at their last home game was 15,991.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
One more thing....i have watched Wimbo get absolutely OWNED by an option team for the last time. I won't watch another second of that crap. His team looks as lost as last year's easter egg against these teams. I knew he was a scrub after he got chewed up by Brevard a few years ago.

The competition is fierce for who is the worst of the 3 coaches, gill, dailey or Wimbo. Week to week the leader changes. This week it's back to Wimbo by a hair.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]