Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We have 31 yards passing. KSU has 317 rushing. Defense nor offense came to play today. Glad I in Alabama, 550 miles from Lynchburg.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Glad I didn't decide to make the drive down for this.

Part of me feared this would happen after the Baylor win but this is far worse than I feared.

If we get blown out at homecoming the pressure will be on IM.
Take it up a notch. If LU loses to Kennesaw St AT Homecoming does Ian let Gill go now?
Who coaches the team then? Wimberly? No. Daley? Heck no! If he felt he needed to make the move I would say go outside the box with Downing, or even DeArmon. Not gunna happen.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:How we come back after halftime will tell us the shape we are in for the rest of the year win or lose.
I’ve got 6 years worth of evidence to show how we’ll come out at half...
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I am glad the coaching staff worked on getting our guys to work on stripping the ball and create turnovers. That's worked out well, hasn't it. Glad they didn't work on tackling drills or anything so basic like that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Equinox wrote:Fire Gill and have Ron Brown the interim coach for the end of the season.
Study
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Equinox wrote:Fire Gill and have Ron Brown the interim coach for the end of the season.
Study
Not sure Brown would do it. He is on e of Turner's best friends.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think it was homecoming my freshmen year in 2003. We were down by a crap ton against VMI and then came back and won.

That's not going to happen today but there is some homecoming history.

Students also stormed the field it was something...
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:So, I know we are SUPER frustrated with this performance as of now, BUT let's not get all crazy and be okay with IM firing or letting Gill go after 6 games. Let him finish out the season. That is the right thing to do and the most God-Glorifying thing to do.
Might be more God-glorifying at this point for Gill to step down.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I think it was homecoming my freshmen year in 2003. We were down by a crap ton against VMI and then came back and won.

That was absolutely amazing. And ironically LU came back by running the Option. Of course you had Gado and Barnes (can’t remember the other) in the backfield
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, I know we are SUPER frustrated with this performance as of now, BUT let's not get all crazy and be okay with IM firing or letting Gill go after 6 games. Let him finish out the season. That is the right thing to do and the most God-Glorifying thing to do.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:So, I know we are SUPER frustrated with this performance as of now, BUT let's not get all crazy and be okay with IM firing or letting Gill go after 6 games. Let him finish out the season. That is the right thing to do and the most God-Glorifying thing to do.
Is it? I mean if you are going to get rid of the guy get rid of him. You are sorta lying to him if you let him finish the season
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
There is nothing unspiritual about firing someone who is showing a complete lack of pride in their craft. These players deserve a coach who gives a flip about them and what they are trying to accomplish. They deserve a leader. You can be a nice guy and a strong christian man and totally fail as a leader of men. This is example A.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I don't agree with mid season firings. I don't really see the point.

With that said how is that any more "God glorifying"?
Yeah, not sure about the God Glorifying thing.
BUT to your other statement there are several coaches who will not discuss job openings until there is one. It’s a kind of coaching etiquette. Even if you KNOW someone is getting fired at the end of the year you aren’t going to talk to someone till it actually happens.
This would give LU a leg up on getting their coveted High a Dollar (Art Briles) coach :twisted:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:I think it was homecoming my freshmen year in 2003. We were down by a crap ton against VMI and then came back and won.

That was absolutely amazing. And ironically LU came back by running the Option. Of course you had Gado and Barnes (can’t remember the other) in the backfield
Eugene Goodman

And yeah it was a fun 2nd half.
By LUAlum1215
Just a thought... but maybe the lack of enthusiasm by the staff could be because they’ve already learned their fate? Not sure a coach would stick around after being told their being let go post season, but a thought nonetheless.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]