Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ian did not make any visible changes in "game day operations" this season, that I could see. But I think next season, there will be some major changes. I think the book that PA announcer has that scripts every word and sound, should be thrown in dumpster.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Ian did not make any visible changes in "game day operations" this season, that I could see. But I think next season, there will be some major changes. I think the book that PA announcer has that scripts every word and sound, should be thrown in dumpster.
God CEO’s look at how things are done first before they make any changes
As for The Book, that’s how Game Day Operations PA works. You can’t really ad lib it
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Cunningham needs a shot. Buckshot had a fast start in 2016 and fizzled, and has had two horrible games in a row this year. I would at least give Mason some snaps during the bye week with the first team offense, and if Buckshot continues to hold on to the ball too long, and be inaccurate on 15 yard passes, we would be better off with Cunningham.

Anyone that was at the spring game can tell you , he looked like the better QB that day.

#LosingSucksHangoverPost
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:#OVER-REACTION.

Brother, I do not mean anything mean-spirited in the above statement. But facts are facts and Buckshot is without a doubt the better of the two QB's.
I think Buckshot is the better QB, but I'll give Cunningham the edge in running the hurry up. In the fall scrimmage he was going from down to snap in 10 seconds regularly.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Cunningham had a quicker release, and was accurate across the middle on 15 yard throws. Buckshot has not gotten it done. Give Mason some reps this week and put some heat on BuckShot.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I do think when it comes to the up-tempo offense we are forgetting that the coaches dictate how fast the offense goes. Since ISU we have slowed the game down to put more emphasis on the running attack. And yes Buckshot has barely been over 50% the last 2 games, that is due to better defense, more dropped balls, bad decisions AND having to throw it away more due to pressure. The bad decisions were also NOT that common either.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't understand why we have slowed down the pace. It makes zero sense. Our oline has not proven itself to be able to do anything but hurry up so why stop?

These are the kind of coaching choices that make it difficult to support Turner Gill.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Not just Liberty. If people were talking about what you do at work everyday in one location, you'd be there too. It is called human nature.
By Class of 20Something
BuryYourDuke wrote:Well the good news is, they have.

If you ever want the coaching staff to hear anything, just post it on the forums. They'll see it.
They should check at halftime so they can make some adjustments.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Well the good news is, they have.

If you ever want the coaching staff to hear anything, just post it on the forums. They'll see it.
They should check at halftime so they can make some adjustments.
:lol: sometimes I feel as if that actually would help them.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Not just Liberty. If people were talking about what you do at work everyday in one location, you'd be there too. It is called human nature.
There are places that do just that and I avoid it like the plague. I didn't use to though so I get your point.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:SFU, straw that broke the camel's back for Gill? :(
Not to mention but NDSU is beating up on Indiana State 38-0 in 3rd.
By Class of 20Something
Now given our wins and losses, our competitiveness in those games, and how other schools are handling the same teams, what is the threshold for a new coach? I've said before any home losses or BSC losses with 75 scholarships is unacceptable. We already have a home loss. And every game from here forward is at home or BSC. Whatever the issue is has not been addressed in 5 years. It's time to move on.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Now given our wins and losses, our competitiveness in those games, and how other schools are handling the same teams, what is the threshold for a new coach? I've said before any home losses or BSC losses with 75 scholarships is unacceptable. We already have a home loss. And every game from here forward is at home or BSC. Whatever the issue is has not been addressed in 5 years. It's time to move on.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but we need to get something straight. While we may have 75 players on scholarship, we do NOT have 75 scholarship-worthy players. Only about 60 on our roster were actually recruited to Liberty as scholarship athletes or transferred from other D1 programs. The rest are former walk-ons who were given scholarships. Some have had them for a while and earned them with productive play (ie Carrington Mosely). Several were just handed out this fall, basically so Gill could say he met his goal, when in fact they did not land as many JUCU transfers as they were hoping, and fell well short. I would love to see a list of the 75 scholarship players, but I doubt we ever will.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Now given our wins and losses, our competitiveness in those games, and how other schools are handling the same teams, what is the threshold for a new coach? I've said before any home losses or BSC losses with 75 scholarships is unacceptable. We already have a home loss. And every game from here forward is at home or BSC. Whatever the issue is has not been addressed in 5 years. It's time to move on.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but we need to get something straight. While we may have 75 players on scholarship, we do NOT have 75 scholarship-worthy players. Only about 60 on our roster were actually recruited to Liberty as scholarship athletes or transferred from other D1 programs. The rest are former walk-ons who were given scholarships. Some have had them for a while and earned them with productive play (ie Carrington Mosely). Several were just handed out this fall, basically so Gill could say he met his goal, when in fact they did not land as many JUCU transfers as they were hoping, and fell well short. I would love to see a list of the 75 scholarship players, but I doubt we ever will.
That’s some good insight
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]