Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
There was no sense of urgency on the sideline. Past coaching staffs would have been in the faces of the players getting them riled up. Nothing tonight, at least that I saw.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
It is not just that we lost. Losses happen. It's that we look like we have no plan. We dont get better or make adjustments as the game or seasons go on. It is the same thing every year and then in post game we dont man up, admit mistakes or make appropriate comments or emotion toward correcting mistakes and getting better.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Since this season really doesn’t matter, I guess the coaching staff thought the Baylor game was the only one that mattered.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:There was no sense of urgency on the sideline. Past coaching staffs would have been in the faces of the players getting them riled up. Nothing tonight, at least that I saw.
Noticed the same thing. Horrible.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
How much money did we pay for this loss?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I am now on the Fire Gill bandwagon!
As am I...can we blow this coaching staff up completely and start over? Get someone young and hungry and not afraid to break a few scoreboards on offense
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
#fcsready
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
I was watching the video they posted that showed some behind the scenes at he Baylor game, and the thing that struck me was how quiet the locker room was pre-game. There's no fire in this team. There's no passion. And that's on the coaches.

Yeah, there's no championship or ring on the line, but you're getting a free education to play football. You say you love it, get passionate about it.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BigRed1 wrote:If this doesn't convince those who think Gill's the man to lead us into the future that he's not, nothing will.
Agree. But I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try to come to his defense. This game is unexcusable. Didn't really see anything we did well tonight.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Typical postgame show. He sounds clueless to and that sometimes you just get outplayed. What a joke. He will lose 2 to 3 more games this year and make the decision easy and obvious for anyone.
By Class of 20Something
flameshaw wrote:
BigRed1 wrote:If this doesn't convince those who think Gill's the man to lead us into the future that he's not, nothing will.
Agree. But I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try to come to his defense. This game is unexcusable. Didn't really see anything we did well tonight.
Defense played well most of the game. They were called on a lot this game.

Special teams wasnt great, made worse by referees not giving returners any space to make a catch.

Offense sputtered again. Did Mosley ever get back in the game? Matthews shows again that he is a Risk v Reward player.

Referees blow another huge call in consecutive games. I was so proud of the center for getting the ball out on that offsides. Really heads up football. Too bad the ref wasn't in on it.

I'm not blaming the referee for the loss, there is plenty elsewhere to lay blame. However I would be remiss if I didn't think that changed the pace of the final minutes of the game. Offsides on third and short is a Liberty first down, vs an unearned interception.

The crowd that stayed didn't give up. Loud on defense through out.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Typical postgame show. He sounds clueless to and that sometimes you just get outplayed. What a joke. He will lose 2 to 3 more games this year and make the decision easy and obvious for anyone.
Don't underestimate how what should be obvious to everyone is somehow not obvious at all to decision makers.
We need accountability. AD to head coach, head coach to assistants, assistants to players.
By BigRed1
Class of 20Something wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
Defense played well most of the game. They were called on a lot this game.

Special teams wasnt great, made worse by referees not giving returners any space to make a catch.

Offense sputtered again. Did Mosley ever get back in the game? Matthews shows again that he is a Risk v Reward player.

Referees blow another huge call in consecutive games. I was so proud of the center for getting the ball out on that offsides. Really heads up football. Too bad the ref wasn't in on it.

I'm not blaming the referee for the loss, there is plenty elsewhere to lay blame. However I would be remiss if I didn't think that changed the pace of the final minutes of the game. Offsides on third and short is a Liberty first down, vs an unearned interception.

The crowd that stayed didn't give up. Loud on defense through out.
This game should have been a blowout. There's high schools bigger than St. Francis.
By rtb72
As I just said this week....consistently inconsistent. Win big then lose big. That is not a program....that is a spoiler team. What REALLY struck me was a conversation with two folks sitting beside me. The first guy and I noticed several potential recruits, leaving early of course....he said well there goes some recruits.....last time we'll see them at Liberty. He's right most likely. The second was a guy who mentioned to someone and I overheard him say...well, this was my first and LAST game. Not sure why it was his first....

Regardless, we are not building a football program at Liberty University right now. On a side note...I am really concerned about the KU game at homecoming. They are a tough little team.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We did not come out of tunnel ready to play. Got out coached big time. No way should a team beat Baylor and lose to St. Francis. We have scored 2touchdowns in past 8 quarters. Instead of 4 Quarters of Fury, we need to try 4 Quarters of Football.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

He’s the exception to the rule. Opposing […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]