Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:Todd Macon to make his return Saturday

http://www.aseaofred.com/macon-to-return-saturday/

This is a big bit of news heading into the game. Having four backs available should allow for more versatility in the run game even if Macon only gets 10 carries or so on Saturday. Hope they don't push him too much even though he has shown a very aggressive path to rehabbing his knee.
For the most part, rb's are only as good as their blocking. I don't see TM as a big/any upgrade over our current backs. None of our rb's have been used to the point of needing a rest anyway.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It's more for depth than anything. Having four solid backs will prove useful going into the second half of the season. The line definitely had to do their job but I'm glad to have all three parts of our three headed attack back plus Matthews
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Email announced 1,800 here for CFAW. I hope ALL of them come to the football game and do this: :cheerleader :pbjtime
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:1800, that,s less than I heard. I would like to see 20,00 at game
With all due respect, have you ever considered reading what you post before submitting?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:1800, that,s less than I heard. I would like to see 20,00 at game
With all due respect, have you ever considered reading what you post before submitting?
Where would the fun in that be?
By Class of 20Something
rogers3 wrote:
Rog, you're supposed to misspell something so we all get to laugh at the irony.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Rogers3, with all due respect, I typed the post from my phone, and was in a hurry to make my Tee Time, thus did not take time to read my post.
But in the history of typewriters and computers, I have yet to meet anyone who did not make an "error" while typing.

As for the 1800, I had been told more CFW students than that would attend. The 20,00 should have read 20,000 fans in attendance.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Got my GA tickets for 12 bucks thanks to a 12 hour sale yesterday! I will be there early enough to get a good upper deck seat. Where is the best place to park? I am a FC member, but not at a high enough level. I parked in the baseball stadium lot last year, but saw that it is no longer general parking.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
In the two previous meetings, Liberty outscored St. Francis 120-17 including a 52-7 thumping at City Stadium in 2010 when some kid named Patrick Kelly burst onto the scene, and some guy made his first home start at quarterback...his name? Mike Brown...oh yeah, and a converted qb caught two touchdowns that day...and now he is coaching our wiideouts to do the same thing
Last edited by BJWilliams on September 30th, 2017, 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I think if the LU defense can keep St Francis from scoring more points than what the LU offense can generate LU should win this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I think if the LU defense can keep St Francis from scoring more points than what the LU offense can generate LU should win this
You let your true identity slip JOHN MADDEN!
Serious If LU defense can hold them to fewer points tell me I'm wrong! :batman
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Let's put it this way: in 8 quarters against Liberty, St. Francis has scored 2 touchdowns...in 8 quarters this year, Buckshot had 12 touchdowns...by himself
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Let's put it this way: in 8 quarters against Liberty, St. Francis has scored 2 touchdowns...in 8 quarters this year, Buckshot had 12 touchdowns...by himself
Let’s put it this way: they last played each other in 2010, so those stats are totally irrelevant.

What’s more important is that LU has average a 27.3 point winning margin against all teams that start with the letter S. :idea:
By Class of 20Something
jbock13 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Let's put it this way: in 8 quarters against Liberty, St. Francis has scored 2 touchdowns...in 8 quarters this year, Buckshot had 12 touchdowns...by himself
Let’s put it this way: they last played each other in 2010, so those stats are totally irrelevant.

What’s more important is that LU has average a 27.3 point winning margin against all teams that start with the letter S. :idea:
Be honest, how long did this take for you to look up?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:

Well, if I told you that 77.5 percent of statistics are made up... :lol:
By Class of 20Something
jbock13 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:

Well, if I told you that 77.5 percent of statistics are made up... :lol:
Kindof disappointed. I really hoped you had done the math on that craziness.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]