Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:This is what happens when you can't establish a run. That's why we tried some many. No run, there your passing game.
The pass attack can also set up your running game and vise versa. We had a good passing attacking going, tried to establish a running game, couldn't, but continued to to try and failed. How long do you keep trying something that isn't working?
Very poor coaching.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Fellas, I don't mean to be insensitive but come on. If we lose tonight and we are 3-1 that doesn't suck. Perspective is a good thing for us to think on. I am disappointed in the game plan for tonight like y'all are. But we don't suck.
It is possible to suck in the moment. And prior to that big score, we were sucking. A lot of which was Turner and CO's fault.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Theres also no depth on defense with all the turnover. Certainly part of it but defense has been below average for several years. Especially against the spread and options. Unfortunately 75 percent of teams play those 2 styles.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Fellas, I don't mean to be insensitive but come on. If we lose tonight and we are 3-1 that doesn't suck. Perspective is a good thing for us to think on. I am disappointed in the game plan for tonight like y'all are. But we don't suck.
I fully expected us to lose and said so here, last week. Losing is not real disappointing, it is how we are losing. It is embarrassing. We were REAL lucky to win last week.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:Unfortunately we're not playing Baylor.
I was hoping for some reciprocity on the LU game :D
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I'm disappointed. I thought we were competitive and then it's as if we turned off the afterburners. I want to remain optimistic but after watching us light up the scoreboard for three straight games, this offense looks more like the underwhelming one we've seen in years past.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Trying to find something positive about this game. The only thing I can come up with is that we haven't had a personal foul yet, (unless one happened after I quit watching).
Over and out.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Good effort. JSU just made more plays.
Really? I agree that they made more plays, but the effort was pretty sad IMHO, especially by the coaching staff. We are 16-23 passing to begin the game, and then start trying to run the ball with no success. smh.
Oh well. UCLA/Stanford just started.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Buckshot was less than 50% on his passes tonight. His receivers had a few drops to be sure but he was also off-target throwing to some open receivers because of the pressure the defense was applying. Cause for concern?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I think we had several personal fouls--roughing the passer, late hit, etc.
Well you just can't make some people happy
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think we had several personal fouls--roughing the passer, late hit, etc.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]