Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
JSU fans claim it will be on OVC Digital Network for free. I just downloaded it on Roku. Easy enough to navigate.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Thanks to all, I downloaded the OVC app on Roku, should be ready to go. :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Roku does have the lead in market share but it is dropping quickly with Fire TV on its heels. I wish LFSN and other content providers would spend the few extra bucks to get on other platforms such as Fire TV & Apple TV. I may have to buy a cheap Roku soon just for these oddball games to avoid going old school and hooking up a laptop.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Roku does have the lead in market share but it is dropping quickly with Fire TV on its heels. I wish LFSN and other content providers would spend the few extra bucks to get on other platforms such as Fire TV & Apple TV. I may have to buy a cheap Roku soon just for these oddball games to avoid going old school and hooking up a laptop.
I just purchased a Roku Premium. I had some credit card rewards & "shop kicks" and ended up paying $7 out the door. It is on sale right now at Best Buy for under $55.

I prefer to use AppleTV, but decided to pick this up to watch the "oddball" games AND to watch Liberty convo, which has its own channel now.
By Class of 20Something
alabama24 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Roku does have the lead in market share but it is dropping quickly with Fire TV on its heels. I wish LFSN and other content providers would spend the few extra bucks to get on other platforms such as Fire TV & Apple TV. I may have to buy a cheap Roku soon just for these oddball games to avoid going old school and hooking up a laptop.
I just purchased a Roku Premium. I had some credit card rewards & "shop kicks" and ended up paying $7 out the door. It is on sale right now at Best Buy for under $55.

I prefer to use AppleTV, but decided to pick this up to watch the "oddball" games AND to watch Liberty convo, which has its own channel now.
Is that a 4k Roku? I'm a little jealous. I have an old Roku 3. It gets the job done, but it's hard going back to 1080 after 4k.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
quick question can I get the OVC network to stream over apple tv? looks like i won't make the game. I haven't used apple tv and ill be at a friends house.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something: To answer the question above, yes, it was 4K (but that doesn't matter to me as I don't have a 4K tv).
flamesfilmguy: As far as I know, you can't get the OVC on AppleTV. ROKU does have sticks for less than $25 on sale at Best Buy.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just checked out OVC. Couldn't find it on my Roku2 but found it on my Chromecast, so I should be all set for tomorrow. :oldhag
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:quick question can I get the OVC network to stream over apple tv? looks like i won't make the game. I haven't used apple tv and ill be at a friends house.
I still use the 1st generation AppleTV. You can AirPlay the video (its available on the OVC Digital Network) from your Iphone or Ipad to the AppleTV. The downside to this is if you don't have access to an extra Iphone/Ipad, you can't call/text or web surf while you watch.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]