Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You know the drill...although sounds like we'll have alot of scores giving the game to the home team
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It also could be argued that we haven't faced this tough of a defense as of yet. Our strength is O and their strength is D. It makes it tough to predict a score this week.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:the homers are out strong so far. Out of curiosity what has liberty shown you all the past 3 weeks that makes you all think they can beat a top 5 team?
Well, the obvious answer is a pretty good offense that can score fast and often. Only 1 TO through 3 games by the starters and an incredible receiving corps. If we can mix in a decent running game, Buckshot could have another really big game. The Defense needs to step up and stop the QB, he's the only obvious threat they have so far. They also have had a lot of time off between their 2 games so far. They may be behind a little on the rhythm of game play. Exploit that early and we have a good chance. I also think they are ranked high based on past season history more than this years play.
Having said all that I still am not convinced we are as good as we are all hoping we are. I think we keep it close but fall 42-35. Hope I am wrong.
Edit: Their RB not QB.
Last edited by flamehunter on September 19th, 2017, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference post above: LU beat a Big 12 team. Now before anyone jumps off the Freedom Tower on campus, granted Baylor isn't the Baylor of past few seasons, but Baylor is still a Big 12 team. I doubt if JSU has faced anyone with the passing attack of LU, and let's not forget we have RBs who can run ball. Key will be offensive play calling and defense. After the Indiana State game, we should correct some of our defensive weakness. i.e. cover the receivers.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
45-41 JSU.

I have had this as a loss since the schedule was announced, and while I've been impressed with a LOT on this team, I'm not sure I've seen anything that makes me think we can win in their place. If it was at home, I'd reverse the prediction. Buckshot and the offense will have a good game, but the defense is still vulnerable - especially in the secondary.

Now, please - prove me wrong.
Last edited by phoenix on September 21st, 2017, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Apparently some of you are thinking JSU still has the AA QB who Killed us last year. He is gone, along with his best WR. Their top threat now is their RB Roc Thomas, who transferred from Auburn. The new QB is a converted LINEBACKER, who has thrown for fewer yards in 2 games than Buckshot had in the first half last week. He also has 4 interceptions in 34 attempts and only 2 touchdowns.
By Ewglenn
olldflame wrote:Apparently some of you are thinking JSU still has the AA QB who Killed us last year. He is gone, along with his best WR. Their top threat now is their RB Roc Thomas, who transferred from Auburn. The new QB is a converted LINEBACKER, who has thrown for fewer yards in 2 games than Buckshot had in the first half last week. He also has 4 interceptions in 34 attempts and only 2 touchdowns.
I didn't know all of that but looking at their box scores it seems if we can contain Roc then we contain their offense. Vs Chattanooga, a good idea how they will play us, he rushed for 124yds on 19carries with 1td. Receiving, he was their leader, with 68yds on 3rec. That will be the key to the game.
By rtb72
The first two games jaded me a bit; last week grounded me some...but the speed at which Buckshot can command our offense to move the ball down field and score is still amazing to me. I gotta lean toward our boys...

LU 38
JSU 35

Side note prediction: Time running out late in fourth with JSU attempting 4th and 5...w/ no timeouts. Gill runs toward ref but gets tackled by Sparky just as the ball is snapped and LU stops the 1st down. Game Over!
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote:The first two games jaded me a bit; last week grounded me some...but the speed at which Buckshot can command our offense to move the ball down field and score is still amazing to me. I gotta lean toward our boys...

LU 38
JSU 35

Side note prediction: Time running out late in fourth with JSU attempting 4th and 5...w/ no timeouts. Gill runs toward ref but gets tackled by Sparky just as the ball is snapped and LU stops the 1st down. Game Over!
:clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Apparently some of you are thinking JSU still has the AA QB who Killed us last year. He is gone, along with his best WR. Their top threat now is their RB Roc Thomas, who transferred from Auburn. The new QB is a converted LINEBACKER, who has thrown for fewer yards in 2 games than Buckshot had in the first half last week. He also has 4 interceptions in 34 attempts and only 2 touchdowns.
How do you know the JSU QB was in Alcoholics Anonymous last year?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]