Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Is it just me, or have most, if not all, of our "big wins" in the past few years ended up being not so big? I seem to remember even Youngstown State, back then, ending up not being such a great team the year we beat them. Montana had a lousy rest of the season the year we beat them, iirc, Baylor this year .... It almost seems like when Liberty beats a team early in the season, that team is so totally demoralized that they blow the rest of the season. Our signature wins end up being nothing to brag about at all.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I see you working. I would argue that Eastern Michigan certainly went the other way after us. And both App State & Georgia State both went on terrors after we beat them the past few years.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I would like to point out that Baylor was without starting qb Anu Solomon this weekend at Duke and I can't guarantee cuz will never know but I can speculate that he would have helped their offense in the running game and more than likely would not have turned the ball over as much as their second string qb. The result of that will never be known, but they quite possibly would've won.

I agree, there have been some BIG victories for us in the past that ended up not looking so big. Nevertheless, let's judge the baylor victory for what it is: 1. A power 5 win against a team who has been on a tear up until last year. 2. A team that was expected to beat us by 34 points even some expected 41. 3. We had a 2.2% chance of winning at kickoff. 4. Regardless of Baylors season, this is a huge win for our program due to factors that are even outside records.

I also agree, it does seem strange that when we beat teams that were expected to get murdered by they seem to have a worse season than expected. With that said, let's judge Baylor not at this moment but at the end of the season. They have 9 games remaining and whose to say they don't some how go 6-3 the rest of the way or even 5-4.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Liberty Curse, Liberty Luck? If there was a season for Liberty to go undefeated it's this one. No Big South championship, no playoffs and no bowl invites on the line. :lol: :lol:
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
On a totally unrelated note, I've been playing NCAA Football 14 lately with Liberty and it finally feels real because these teams are actually scheduled to be IN Lynchburg in real life and not just pretend on the video game. Kind of fun! :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We used to talk about the "Curse of Morgan Hout," but we've since given the man a job at the Welcome Center and even honored him with an award at our first home football game.

The curse is GONE!
By LUalumfromnc
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:We used to talk about the "Curse of Morgan Hout," but we've since given the man a job at the Welcome Center and even honored him with an award at our first home football game.

The curse is GONE!
Curse of Morgan Hout? Anybody know the story of this curse?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Fired the guy after a great season just so we could hire Sam Rutigliano. Good coach and even better man is Hout. He’s first class all the way.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Forgot to add, even in Rutigliano’s best year of 9-2 (I think Eric Green as on the squad that year, along with like 4-5 other future NFL’ers), LU couldn’t get into playoffs. Many insiders resorted to calling LU’s inability to get to
Postseason as the Curse of MH from then on. Kind of like the Red Sox after Babe and through Buckner.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ND is going through this now. Ever since they’ve expanded their stadium and covered up Touchdown Jesus they haven’t won a National Championship. They backed into one Championship game and just got embarrassed
Not sure the Morgan Hout Curse can be broken unless they erect a bronze ofbthe man. Or the make a Touchdown Jerry over the “Old” LU Tower
By LUalumfromnc
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Forgot to add, even in Rutigliano’s best year of 9-2 (I think Eric Green as on the squad that year, along with like 4-5 other future NFL’ers), LU couldn’t get into playoffs. Many insiders resorted to calling LU’s inability to get to
Postseason as the Curse of MH from then on. Kind of like the Red Sox after Babe and through Buckner.
More like the curse of the NCAA. The head of the NCAA didn't want us to get into the playoffs in 2008 when we were 10-2 under Rocco. He is an atheist/liberal and said that as long as he is in charge Liberty wouldn't be getting into the postseason in any sport. Maine got in instead and everytime Liberty has been up for an at large bid in any sport their bubble is burst. We got the FBS waiver because the NCAA knew we would sue if it was denied. So from now on we need to threaten to sue if we are up for an at large bid in any sport.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUalumfromnc wrote:
JK37 wrote:Forgot to add, even in Rutigliano’s best year of 9-2 (I think Eric Green as on the squad that year, along with like 4-5 other future NFL’ers), LU couldn’t get into playoffs. Many insiders resorted to calling LU’s inability to get to
More like the curse of the NCAA. The head of the NCAA didn't want us to get into the playoffs in 2008 when we were 10-2 under Rocco. He is an atheist/liberal and said that as long as he is in charge Liberty wouldn't be getting into the postseason in any sport. Maine got in instead and everytime Liberty has been up for an at large bid in any sport their bubble is burst. We got the FBS waiver because the NCAA knew we would sue if it was denied. So from now on we need to threaten to sue if we are up for an at large bid in any sport.
1- Id like to see a source for your quote about the NCAA President
2- There are those who don’t think LU would have sued to become FBS. Not me. But I was yelled at by those who think they know better. So I’m giving you fair warning
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]