Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, AL (not Florida)

Jacksonville State Football Site

Go Jax State Message Board

John Grass
4th Season as Head Coach

2017 Schedule/Results
  • 08/26 - vs. CHATTANOOGA in Montgomery, AL .......... W 27-13
    09/09 - @ GEORGIA TECH ............................................ L 10-37
    09/23 - LIBERTY ............................................................ 7:00 PM ET
    09/30 - @ TENNESSEE TECH*
    10/07 - @ AUSTIN PEAY*
    10/14 - EASTERN KENTUCKY*
    10/21 - @ EASTERN ILLINOIS*
    10/28 - SOUTHEAST MISSOURI*
    11/04 - MURRAY STATE*
    11/11 - @ UT MARTIN*
    11/16 - TENNESSEE STATE*

Key Players
    #14 Bryant Horn
    6' 1" 195 lbs Junior Quarterback
    Thru 2 Games: 22-of-34 (64.7%) for 255 Yds with 2 TDs & 4 INTs + 25 Carries for 58 Yds

#6 Roc Thomas
    5' 11" 193 lbs Senior Running Back
    Thru 2 Games: 37 Carries for 208 Yds (5.6 Avg) with 1 TD + 4 Catches for 87 Yds

#87 Demontez Terry
    5' 8" 160 lbs Junior Wide Receiver
    Thru 2 Games: 8 Catches for 38 Yds + 2 Punt Returns for 34 Yds

#35 Quan Stoudemire
    6' 1" 230 lbs Junior Linebacker
    Thru 2 Games: 13 Tackles including .5 for Loss + 1 Pass Hurried & Broken Up

#2 Jonathan Hagler
    6' 0" 210 lbs Senior Safety
    Thru 2 Games: 9 Tackles inclduing 3.0 for Loss + 1 INT Returned 52 Yds
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
According to their website, Coach Grass is 31-4 in regular season games in the last 4 years with those 4 losses to Michigan State, Auburn, LSU and last week Georgia Tech. Something tells me they will be favored to win this game :D
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
This last game should have been a wake-up for the team AND the coaching staff. Hopefully we'll be ready for this one, and can get a little payback for the clobbering they gave us at home. THIS is the only game left on the schedule that I'm really worried about (I think Kennesaw State will be a tough game, but I'm not really worried about it).
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is the only game the rest of the way where we won't be favored barring a sudden change of fortunes. But based on the first three weeks of the season, I'd put CSU & Monmouth on similar ground with Kennesaw as far as competence. That could change by the time we see them.
Sly Fox wrote:This is the only game the rest of the way where we won't be favored barring a sudden change of fortunes. But based on the first three weeks of the season, I'd put CSU & Monmouth on similar ground with Kennesaw as far as competence. That could change by the time we see them.
CSU has looked apathetic in the little I've seen. KSU is the trap game of the year though.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We have got to stop Roc Thomas. Both running and receiving. If not. It be as long day in Alabama.
Stop #6 and unleash our passing game and we have a chance. You know they will test our secondary after reviewing film.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
gerb wrote:Our first three opponents (Baylor, Morehead State, Indiana State) now have a combined record of 1-8.
That's great perspective especially on indiana St and Morehead. Baylor is still a good win regardless of their record. Let's not forget they still had a few more schollys than us and probably more talent. We just outplayed them and heart will do that. That Liberty team that beat Baylor was not the same team on Saturday. Let's hope it is this week.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe I could "get open" against our secondary.

By the same token, we need a better pass rush .
We applied good QB pressure @ Baylor. You give up some QB pressure when you have to stop a Booker or Thomas. No pass rush and the secondary has to step up.We'll have to unleash Buckshot, AGG and company and try to score a lot of points and hope we come out on top.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:OVC Digital Network

WEAC/WJXS TV 24 in Alabama appears to be carrying the game live and may have a stream of their own. But I haven't located it as of yet.

It looks like I may have to get out the cables to hook up the laptop to my TV for the first time in quite awhile.
Thanks! We are spoiled in having LFSN broadcast through ESPN3 for practically all home games. It makes everything much easier than trying to find a stream on the web.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Chippy wrote:Has anyone figured out how to get to the Monday night Coach's radio show. With the new website design I can't seem to locate things as easy as before. Thanks.
Facebook normally has it on Live
Thanks. Don't do Facebook :?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Facebook normally has it on Live
Which Facebook group is it?
Sly Fox wrote:OVC Digital Network

WEAC/WJXS TV 24 in Alabama appears to be carrying the game live and may have a stream of their own. But I haven't located it as of yet.

It looks like I may have to get out the cables to hook up the laptop to my TV for the first time in quite awhile.
I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the OVC has their own app on Roku (and I am assuming on other similar devices)
Does anyone else feel like JSU may be sleeping on us? There is all this hype about their program as well there should be. I just have a funny feeling we show out.

JSU's strength is roc thomas. They have good athletes on defense but Georgia Tech threw for over 100 yards. Now, 100 yards is not a lot but for Tech thats a ton. UT-Chatanooga threw for over 200 and don't let the 14 point win fool you, it was MUCH closer than the score indicated. That pick six really decided the game. UT-C was driving and had they scored it was a whole different ball game. They put together some nice drives against that JSU D.

Lets take a look at UT-C for a moment. They sit at 0-3, which is deceiving due to playing JSU and then LSPOO(LSU for those who aren't SEC fans). Yet, here is the kicker. They lost to UT-Martin 21-7. UT-Martin is an average team at best. My point is simply this: We have fallen prey to the name on the jersey and last years whooping. I will eat crow proudly if we get stomped as some are expecting, but my stomach wants some JSU and I feel like our boys do to! Go Flames
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
For as strong as our offense has been our defense has shown how weak they are in many areas. Also to note our offense hasn't really been tested. This is not to take away from what they have done because they are playing well but Jack State is by far the best defense we have gone up against at this point.

I am sure it will be a competitive game but we aren't at their level in my opinion but we shall see.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]