Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:You don't storm the field for Indiana state. What a bunch of morons.
It was an emotional reaction. Can't blame them for that.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Only positives of this game was the offense

Crappy defense. Gotta love the soft zone defense with no pressure. Did We rehire Clark?

Questionable play calling and I still hope people aren't buying Gill after that Baylor win.
Last edited by ballah09 on September 16th, 2017, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
That game should humble us a bit. Could be a blessing going into our toughest game of the year. D came up big late showing a lot of heart. Cut down on mental mistakes and we will be fine. Mental mistakes by offense, defense, and coaches in this one but we made it out alive. Need to recruit well or next year will be ugly. Cant score 50 every night.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have been sipping the kool aid a bit. Thanks coach Gill for reminding me why I don't think you're worthy of coaching at a high level. No disrespect it just facts.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I feel like there needs to be someone hired as a filter that Gill needs to run his ideas through.

Gill: "Hey, I'm gonna call a time out."

Filter guy: "No Coach, it's 4th down and the clock is running, bad move."

Gill: "Good point."

-----

Gill: "Let's go for the 2 pts."

Filter Guy: "No Coach, bad idea, because if we don't get the two, then they just need a TD and Extra point to beat us."

Gill: "I didn't think of that. Let's go for one."
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
thepostman wrote:You don't storm the field for Indiana state. What a bunch of morons.
I certainly can. It's Indiana state. We were suppose to win. Field storming is so over done.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU should have won
Then
LU should have lost
Then
ST Field Goal Block appeared
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
I certainly can. It's Indiana state. We were suppose to win. Field storming is so over done.
Kids are fresh out of high school. They have certainly not reached your level of maturity yet so give them credit for staying for the end and being excited about a win that didn't look like it would happen 5 seconds before.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Wait, our defense struggles against a team with a RB? So shocking...
As I WVU fan I'm very familiar with this defensive scheme
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thing was, it's not that they had a running back...i mean i said a few times that the vast majority of the offense was going to come from the running game...tje surprise came from the passing game deciding to show up tonight in a huge way for them...as Mr Golden said would have to happen
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I'm liking the offense and I'm thrilled with the O Line coach. There is a glaring weakness with the line but he's done a good job of doing the best with what he has. I know I was down on them after Baylor but now I see what's going on. I'm going to positive for what they can and have been doing and not focus on what they can't
Defensively we aren't too bad with the CB but other than that...... like I said, they have taken notes from Morgantown. Hey! Maybe ballcoach is RIGHT about LU to the Big XII
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
More shocking is we gave up 400 yards passing to a QB with a 47% completion rate. Seriously this is flashbacks of a Tom Clark coached defense who made any QB with a arm look like Tom Brady.

Still can't believe how bad Gill's decision making abilities are. Hopefully McCaw sees that and we go in a new direction next year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Thing was, it's not that they had a running back...i mean i said a few times that the vast majority of the offense was going to come from the running game...tje surprise came from the passing game deciding to show up tonight in a huge way for them...as Mr Golden said would have to happen
When you are forced to overly key in on the run bc you can't stop it without adding numbers, sometimes the passing game opens up.
I'm thinking you could have at least shadowed Pew Pew
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
flamehunter wrote: Kids are fresh out of high school. They have certainly not reached your level of maturity yet so give them credit for staying for the end and being excited about a win that didn't look like it would happen 5 seconds before.
I know this. I felt even more strongly about this topic when I was at LU. Now I can just sit back and call them morons.

Let me be a grumpy old man! Geez. Haha
LU fans are not #fbsready
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: Kids are fresh out of high school. They have certainly not reached your level of maturity yet so give them credit for staying for the end and being excited about a win that didn't look like it would happen 5 seconds before.
I know this. I felt even more strongly about this topic when I was at LU. Now I can just sit back and call them morons.

Let me be a grumpy old man! Geez. Haha
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
When you run the type of offense we run, expect the decent opponents to score a lot of points as well especially when we lack depth at this level. 2nd, when's the last time we beat a Missouri Valley Team? Their not a bad program. Their record last year is deceiving. They lost to the runner up last year by 3. This is the same team that humbled us a couple years back after the Montana win I believe. Good win we are moving in the right direction
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think it's nice we won but it is hard to feel good when your head coach continually makes terrible game management decisions. It's been his thing his entire time here and I had convinced myself he had gotten better. Clearly he hasn't.

I am sure I'll feel better about the win but right now I am finding it very hard to feel good about it.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
There is something to say about mindset of the defense and the heart of this team tonight. Especially at the end. To block that kick in a moment like that is special. I know the timeout was a terrible decision, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. Make your decision on Gill at the end of the season. We are 3-0 guys and the first two games his coaching was on point.
By evanchase12
Storming the field really didn't bother me actually. Emotional moment and the students are stoked about the program/players.

Guess I'd rather see that than everyone leaving at halftime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]