Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Salt Lake City (UT) Deseret News wrote:Brad Rock: BYU isn't the only school that could ask if religion is the obstacle

By Brad Rock @therockmonster
Published: Sept. 14, 2017 3:45 p.m.

SALT LAKE CITY — Liberty University has a functioning honor code, a conservative student body, sparkling facilities, dreams of playing in a power conference, and a large problem.

It can’t get in its preferred conference.

Sound familiar?
Click Here for Full Story

And a follow-up from the same writer ...
Deseret News wrote:Liberty has this over BYU as an independent

By Brad Rock @therockmonster
Published: Sept. 15, 2017 9:55 a.m.

In a Friday column about challenges facing Liberty University and BYU, the Flames’ A.D. mentioned the schools have informally discussed extending their two-game series.

That’s not a bad thing, considering they are both independents, and need regular opponents. Yet both Liberty and BYU have an impressive array of future Power 5 opponents. Liberty has Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Auburn, Syracuse, Rutgers, Mississippi and Wake Forest scheduled. BYU has Cal, Arizona, Wisconsin, Washington, USC, Michigan State, Arizona State, Stanford, Minnesota, Baylor, Oregon, Tennessee, Virginia and Utah in future years.
Click Here for Full Story
LUGrad2000 wrote:As a LU fan I would be excited for more games with BYU, but if I was a BYU fan I would be less than happy about playing LU. Hope we can put a series together.
A lot depends on the next two years of recruiting and development. Clearly the staff can get a lot out of who we get. As long as we can stay around .500 and not turn into UMass, BYU will be fine scheduling us.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]