Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Hope it's not this close, but... Flames 27-20.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Attendance numbers surprise me. Most people are predicting 3,000 more than we had for the home opener. Its an opponent most of our fan base does not know about. My prediction is we come in under last weeks attendance.

Home Opener always seems to be a bigger draw than other similar opponents.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Tell'em it was Larry Bird's college! Play Basketball :oldhag
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:If anybody who claims to be any kind of basketball fan doesn't know who Larry Bird is then that is just sad.

I am 34 for whatever that is worth
I agree but we are talking about getting people to come to a football game. And honestly most people who do know about Bird the NBA player probably don't know where he played college ball and may not really care. I remember the ISU - Michigan St championship and there will always be that attachment for me. I am in a probably a small minority among those considering going to a LU football game. And you were about 9 years old when Bird retired in 1992. That's where I came up with the age thing.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Not going to guess the score, not really my thing. I am a little concerned about this game. Two big wins, one a huge upset and one an expected blow out. This is the first game that we have played with a team that is in our "league". Should we win? Definitely. We have to be mentally ready and we have not been very good at that in past seasons. Plus they have a very good running back, we will have to stop him for sure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Not going to guess the score, not really my thing. I am a little concerned about this game. Two big wins, one a huge upset and one an expected blow out. This is the first game that we have played with a team that is in our "league". Should we win? Definitely. We have to be mentally ready and we have not been very good at that in past seasons. Plus they have a very good running back, we will have to stop him for sure.
I'm not sure Indians St is in LU's league. Not with what they've done so far and not with a 1st year coach
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Not going to guess the score, not really my thing. I am a little concerned about this game. Two big wins, one a huge upset and one an expected blow out. This is the first game that we have played with a team that is in our "league". Should we win? Definitely. We have to be mentally ready and we have not been very good at that in past seasons. Plus they have a very good running back, we will have to stop him for sure.
I'm not sure Indians St is in LU's league. Not with what they've done so far and not with a 1st year coach
I am not sure "Indians State" is in LU's league either. :D They did lose their first game very late in the 4th. My concern is their running back. Over 100 yards rushing against TN, even their 2nd or 3rd string, is pretty solid. My final concern is that we may be looking forward to JSU after being on some incredible highs this early in the year. Not being negative, just a little concerned. If we are into the game mentally, I see no worries.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]