Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Did what they were supposed to do. Win and win impressively
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:And as JK37 warned us, the attendance number is disappointing in spite of a great looking crowd:

He's a smart one. And it ended on an even number so it HAS to be legit
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Baylor getting beat by UTSA 14-7 in the third quarter. Ugh.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Texas A&M is trying to rally in the 4th for a victory over a school that may not even exist next year. Crazy night with a bunch of FCS over FBS upsets. That Baylor victory is definitely losin a little shine.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Texas A&M is trying to rally in the 4th for a victory over a school that may not even exist next year. Crazy night with a bunch of FCS over FBS upsets. That Baylor victory is definitely losin a little shine.
Wow. Who hacked your account?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Seeing BJ Farrow in the game was a pleasant surprise, and he looked amazing! Also encouraging to see so many running backs get playing time.

But the highlight was seeing former Coach Morgan Hout honored with an award, which I think was called the Founder's Award for taking us from D2 to I-AA and finished his last season with an 8-3 record before Coach Sam was hired.

Two interesting observations about the flags this year:
1. No more Big South school flags.
2. We're flying the Christian flag on Game Day.

And the marching band sounded much louder in the endzone seats.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
A&M survived otherwise Sumlin would have been fired by tomorrow.

Baylor running out of time down by ten with 5 minutes left to play.
By rtb72
Despite attendance count...the student section was packed out. That was nice to see after a lot of vacant bleachers last year, but I wish they would stay through the third quarter. Buckshot proved he can work outside the pocket very effectively and Farrow still has the juice....he was great! I told my wife that the band in the end zone was a big plus...IMHO. I liked them there and it seemed to louder and more energetic. All around great performance and even got to see Cunningham and Lewis play some quality minutes. My only concern was the defensive performance during one series in the late second quarter, and the first series in the third. Buckshot has confidence and i think instills it in the other players. He is special! I do think a trip to Chuck South may be in order to see (hopefully) some payback.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think i read somewhere that he had a back issue but didnt elaborate on if thst was the main issue
By willflop
Not sure where the 20 pct increase in season ticket sales went. Last year's opener against pioneer Jacksonville reported 16.6k, only 500 less than this years, and that's more than covered by the students.

Maybe two years of poor results can't be made up for with one win. Next week will be telling as well. Maybe having an actual state in their name will help :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:Not sure where the 20 pct increase in season ticket sales went. Last year's opener against pioneer Jacksonville reported 16.6k, only 500 less than this years, and that's more than covered by the students.

Maybe two years of poor results can't be made up for with one win. Next week will be telling as well. Maybe having an actual state in their name will help :shock:
This is the result of 'Truth in Reporting ' when it comes to attendance. It will become obvious that previous attendance numbers were 'Fake News'.
It will affect a certain school in South Carolina near the beach more than LU
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]