Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By willflop
Purple Haize wrote:
willflop wrote:Not sure where the 20 pct increase in season ticket sales went. Last year's opener against pioneer Jacksonville reported 16.6k, only 500 less than this years, and that's more than covered by the students.

Maybe two years of poor results can't be made up for with one win. Next week will be telling as well. Maybe having an actual state in their name will help :shock:
This is the result of 'Truth in Reporting ' when it comes to attendance. It will become obvious that previous attendance numbers were 'Fake News'.
It will affect a certain school in South Carolina near the beach more than LU
Maybe, but I just saw a pic from vantage point of the student side. I'd estimate the upper deck at only 50 pct capacity, at best.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I sat in the upper deck as i have most every game. Upper deck was well above 50 percent. Id guess about 75 to 80 percent. Lower level was probably 95 percent full other than visitor section. Student side was jam packed with another 100 to 150 standing across the top as well as filling in the entire bottom 3 rows. Also there was probably another 50 or so students sitting in the endzone. Theres always a 100 kids or so running around on the hill as well. Yeah
By willflop
jinxy wrote:I sat in the upper deck as i have most every game. Upper deck was well above 50 percent. Id guess about 75 to 80 percent. Lower level was probably 95 percent full other than visitor section. Student side was jam packed with another 100 to 150 standing across the top as well as filling in the entire bottom 3 rows. Also there was probably another 50 or so students sitting in the endzone. Theres always a 100 kids or so running around on the hill as well. Yeah
At kick off, at least, it wasnt.

If you zoom in, the blue seats are mostly vacant, the upper reds have a lot of holes, and the north end is really light.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:Not sure where the 20 pct increase in season ticket sales went. Last year's opener against pioneer Jacksonville reported 16.6k, only 500 less than this years, and that's more than covered by the students.

Maybe two years of poor results can't be made up for with one win. Next week will be telling as well. Maybe having an actual state in their name will help :shock:
Still a ton of UVA and Tech fans on the Baptist side. They both played at 3:30.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
One cannot accurately judge % of capacity of the same side on which one is sitting. It's just a bad perspective. There are all kinds of interesting studies of event attendance. They include pictures shot straight-on of whole stadium sides. Always more empty seats than initially realized. Brings new meaning to "almost full". Usually, no it's not.

Especially at Liberty.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I was in the lower level and the student section looked pretty full, I couldn't tell about the upper level. I do like the band in the end zone but it seemed like they played the fight song way too much. (not just scores but it seemed they were playing after first downs) I thought the intro was a little lack luster.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Completely disagree. If your a statue and have no awareness of your surroundings then thats true. I actually look for things like that. Its also by how tight the seating is around you. My section was full other than the top corner. It wasnt montana or richmond full hence 75 percent estimate. Those games there were no seats upper deck and it was really tight seating. Also i never suggessted it was packed. I just said it was significantly more than 50 percent full.

Also im not talking kickoff. I look around late 1st qtr since that should be your max seating. Still a lot of folks coming in and getting concessions at kick.

Also i went down and sat in the end zone cor 2 possessions 2nd qtr just for perpsective.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]