Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

thepostman wrote:You expect this kind of thing from message board losers like us but from a university president? Come on...
We can't ALL be losers. Just like winners there can be only one loser :D
flameshaw wrote:Great post by Jr. Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is. The PC engaged in by the "tolerant" university chancellors was total :BS . Light em up.
But it wasn't every university chancellor. So why lump them in? Especially if there were some going to bat for you
I agree with flameshaw. I recognize it may hurt LU's attempts to join a conference. But one cannot let that get in the way of speaking truth to the intolerant. We live in a society far too caught up in trying to please everyone and remain PC.
JK37 wrote:PH, I think it is a tactic to embolden the innocent in those leagues to stand up to the guilty.
It's a horrible tactic. How about build up those who are innocent instead of lumping them in with the guilty?
I'm down with truth to the intolerant but I'm also for helping ones allies
I see your point. But I think any incentive to placate allies has been forgotten with the early scheduling success. It'll take a problem with finding a league for the other sports to consider all that again. Maybe.

Why aren't more people on here talking about the dire state of conference affiliation for sports other than football? The Big South membership is still very split on letting LU stay. It would require an exception to league rules. And there hasn't been a vote allowing it yet.
JK37 wrote:I see your point. But I think any incentive to placate allies has been forgotten with the early scheduling success. It'll take a problem with finding a league for the other sports to consider all that again. Maybe.

Why aren't more people on here talking about the dire state of conference affiliation for sports other than football? The Big South membership is still very split on letting LU stay. It would require an exception to league rules. And there hasn't been a vote allowing it yet.
Which is why LU shouldn't be pissing off any possible suitors (except the Sun Belt. Screw them :D )
LU will really be hurting if the Big South gives them the boot. Honestly though, if I'm a Big South member I vote to keep LU. It benefits the league as LU gains exposure in FB. More exposure than you know who in SC
As I read his tweet, he absolutely did not lump them all together. "Few" and "except 4 conservatives" clearly show a distinction. Besides, we will get into a conference regardless, when the time is right. In another 5-10 years, momentum will make us virtually bullet-proof. The excuses will be gone. McCaw is going to be a huge difference-maker IMHO.
Just like Trump, he does the right things the wrong way.
jbock13 wrote:Just like Trump, he does the right things the wrong way.
He doesn't have near the people skills Trump does. Trump by all accounts has incredible one one one interpersonal skills. Heck he is won the election because he was an amazing retail politician. JR does not have that skill set
The ones that voted against us always will. The only thing that will change their vote is to compromise what we cant and wont compromise as a christian school. Im totally ok with it. Again, if the big south makes that foolish mistake the ASUN will be there immediately.
Ya'll seen this follow up article yet?
The Virginian-Pilot wrote:Jerry Falwell Jr. called out C-USA, Sun Belt for intolerance, and he might have a point

Sep 18, 2017
Harry Minium
Sports columnist

Liberty University chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. leaves no doubt about where he stands on most issues. He's outspokenly conservative, ardently Pro-Life and a dedicated supporter of President Trump.

So perhaps it shouldn't have come as a surprise that he expressed a pretty sharp opinion on the recent revelation that Conference USA turned down a $24 million offer from Liberty last fall to join the league.

I broke the story in a column that ran in The Virginian-Pilot on Sept. 8.

Falwell Tweeted a link to my story with the following comment: "Few bigoted U pres big on diversity & inclusion (except 4 conservatives) vetoed LU from Sun Belt, CUSA. It backfired:"
Click Here for Full Story
This guy is the Skip Bayless of Huntington newspaper but I thought this was rather humorous ...
Huntington (WV) Herald-Dispatch wrote:Chuck Landon: Why didn't C-USA accept Liberty's bid?

Welcome to "Second Guess" Tuesday.

Here are the opinions du jour.

>> Should Conference USA's leaders have accepted Liberty University's bid to join the league?

I believe so.

Why?

Oh, for about 24 million reasons.

That's how much money Liberty chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr., reportedly offered C-USA a little less than a year ago, according to The Virginian-Pilot newspaper based in Norfolk, Va.
Click Here for Full Article
I am surprised at how poorly CUSA is viewed. I mean I get it but I remember when they used to be a real solid league. I would still rank them over the Sun Belt but that's me
Granted Marshall is in the league so that doesn't help ........
I remember reading Chuck Landon during my Marshall days, over 30 years ago. This line is classic!
With $24 million on the table, I think even Patrick Henry would have said, "Give me Liberty "
C-USA has: Charlotte, FIU, FAU, N. Texas, UTSA, UTEP, Rice, and UAB (which was going to discontinue football before something happened that they changed their minds). That is hardly a strong lineup, and is worse than the bottom half of the SunBelt. The top teams (ODU and Southern Miss) are better than any team in the SunBelt, but realignment has favored the SunBelt in overall strength.
Liberty and all that comes with it, is a better fit as a lone wolf, trail blazing, complete message controlling, and non conforming independent. We have always had the "us vs. the world" mentality. As a fan it would be miserable being the outcast of a conference, because of our conservative beliefs.

If being a good fit were the only criteria, Independent would be the obvious choice.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]