Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Oooooooh, he called someone a snowflake.
jbock13 wrote:Oooooooh, he called someone a snowflake.
Well when you have nothing of substance to add just resort to name calling. That seems to be his MO
flameshaw wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Well when you have nothing of substance to add just resort to name calling. That seems to be his MO
You mean like calling ballcoach "Sgt. Snowflake"? LOL. Finally, we agree on something. 8)
No. I actually contribute posts of substance. You just like to to shake your head and tusk risk everyone
And Sgt Snowflake is a brilliant moniker on several levels.
Purple Haize wrote:
You mean like calling ballcoach "Sgt. Snowflake"? LOL. Finally, we agree on something. 8)
Sly Fox wrote:
PilotOnline.com wrote:C-USA rejected Liberty University's generous offer to join the league ... but the Flames ended up as the big winners
Sep 7, 2017

Liberty's football stadium with the new, $29.1 million indoor workout facility to the left and a $3 million out track to the right and the school's new $20 million baseball stadium at the bottom right.
Steve Helber | AP Photo

By Harry Minium
The Virginian-Pilot
harry.minium@pilotonline.com

LYNCHBURG Since Liberty University announced in 2012 its plan to move to the Football Bowl Subdivision, officials worked diligently to find a conference, any conference, willing to accept the Flames.

The NCAA requires a Football Championship Subdivision school to join an FBS league to move . Liberty officials intensely lobbied the two leagues that made geographic sense – Conference USA and the Sun Belt – with no luck.

Liberty even offered to open its checkbook. Sources told me that in 2016, Liberty offered Conference USA millions of dollars more than the usual $2 million admission fee for an invitation.
This little nugget seems over the top but in line with rumors that were floating around a year or so ago ...
How many millions more? One source pegged the offer at $24 million. The offer coincidentally came at about the same time C-USA was learning its TV revenue would soon crater, going from paying $1.1 million per school annually to about $200,000.
Click Here for Full Story
So this pic and article aren’t even 2 years old - think of what has happened in LU sports in the past 2 years construction, announcements, hires, recruits, new conference, pretty incredible and so much fun to watch every day. We are blessed and spoiled. I am a die hard OU fan and don’t even pay much attention now to anything but football -but LU I waste way too much time staring at construction cams and ASOR and ESPN Plus - where there is an LU game of some sort on all the time. We have come a long way baby.
tyndal23 wrote: June 11th, 2019, 11:10 pm
Sly Fox wrote:
PilotOnline.com wrote:C-USA rejected Liberty University's generous offer to join the league ... but the Flames ended up as the big winners
Sep 7, 2017

Liberty's football stadium with the new, $29.1 million indoor workout facility to the left and a $3 million out track to the right and the school's new $20 million baseball stadium at the bottom right.
Steve Helber | AP Photo

By Harry Minium
The Virginian-Pilot
harry.minium@pilotonline.com

LYNCHBURG Since Liberty University announced in 2012 its plan to move to the Football Bowl Subdivision, officials worked diligently to find a conference, any conference, willing to accept the Flames.

The NCAA requires a Football Championship Subdivision school to join an FBS league to move . Liberty officials intensely lobbied the two leagues that made geographic sense – Conference USA and the Sun Belt – with no luck.

Liberty even offered to open its checkbook. Sources told me that in 2016, Liberty offered Conference USA millions of dollars more than the usual $2 million admission fee for an invitation.
This little nugget seems over the top but in line with rumors that were floating around a year or so ago ...
How many millions more? One source pegged the offer at $24 million. The offer coincidentally came at about the same time C-USA was learning its TV revenue would soon crater, going from paying $1.1 million per school annually to about $200,000.
Click Here for Full Story
So this pic and article aren’t even 2 years old - think of what has happened in LU sports in the past 2 years construction, announcements, hires, recruits, new conference, pretty incredible and so much fun to watch every day. We are blessed and spoiled. I am a die hard OU fan and don’t even pay much attention now to anything but football -but LU I waste way too much time staring at construction cams and ASOR and ESPN Plus - where there is an LU game of some sort on all the time. We have come a long way baby.

I’ve only been in Flames club for the past year...since my daughter has been looking at Liberty and has now finally enrolled. I was looking at the picture of Williams stadium and I’m just shocked at the changes in such a short time...absolutely amazing...I’m a long time tech fan but I really really like what’s going on at LU and can’t wait to see how the next 2 years shakes out.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]