Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I do not think so, in reference to Independent Bowl Tie In.

With that being said, I personally do not like some of the current bowl tie in's, even those involving Power 5 schools. The number 7 team in Big 10 with a 6-6 record should not be tied into any bowl, same goes for every other conference.

The number 1 key to any bowl bid for LU will probably be, "how many fans we will bring to bowl". Thus when we get a bowl bid, it's imperative that we sell a lot of tickets and take a lot of fans,, regardless of bowl.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ball coach, I'm with you on the undeserving getting a bowl bid. But there being so many bowl games, the cities and groups hosting them have to find SOMEBODY to play.

Sadly, it's all about what you said: whose fan base will travel. There are some .500 record teams in the Power 5's whose fans will travel much better than a G5 or lower school that wins or finishes runner-up in their league.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
IIRC, there have been sub-.500 teams in recent years who got a invite. Crazy. If I coached a 5-6 team that got invited to a bowl, I'd have a hard time. It turning it down.

I seem to recall from my SMGT days at LU that many bowls lose money. It's such a weird system.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:IIRC, there have been sub-.500 teams in recent years who got a invite. Crazy. If I coached a 5-6 team that got invited to a bowl, I'd have a hard time. It turning it down.

I seem to recall from my SMGT days at LU that many bowls lose money. It's such a weird system.
Usually until you get to one of the Big Bowls around New Year's Day, and even then it's no guarantee, most every team loses money going to a Bowl. The Bowl itself is sometimes a Non Profit entity so it makes things different
This could be a positive in LU remaining Independent. It wouldn't have to share Bowl revenue with anyone. Conversely it wouldn't receive shares from other Conference teams appearing in Bowls
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]