Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is ranked 20th in this week's Poll.

But Richmond is in Top 10, thus I put very little faith in poll. JMU is 1 and Jacksonville State is 6th. If I had a vote, JSU would be 1.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Liberty is ranked 20th in this week's Poll.

But Richmond is in Top 10, thus I put very little faith in poll. JMU is 1 and Jacksonville State is 6th. If I had a vote, JSU would be 1.
LU is in Katlyn Jenner Territory when it comes to Polls. Several voter probably won't vote for LU because they are Transitioning. So they are FCS but identifying as FBS and taking the steps necessary to make the transformation complete
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts

Which poll is this? The coaches poll doesn't have them getting votes.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

LU is in Katlyn Jenner Territory when it comes to Polls. Several voter probably won't vote for LU because they are Transitioning. So they are FCS but identifying as FBS and taking the steps necessary to make the transformation complete
:-D :clapping
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:

I read that we are not eligible for the coaches poll, but we are for the Stats poll.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: LU is in Katlyn Jenner Territory when it comes to Polls.
:vomit
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:
rogers3 wrote:

I read that we are not eligible for the coaches poll, but we are for the Stats poll.
This is correct.

If I still had a vote, I would not vote for Liberty. I felt the same way about Georgia Southern, App State and Coastal once they started their transitions.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I tink I asked this question a couple weeks ago, but can't recall an answer.

Does BSC schools W-L record in games vs LU count in the standings for BSC schools this season ?
By Ewglenn
ballcoach15 wrote:I tink I asked this question a couple weeks ago, but can't recall an answer.

Does BSC schools W-L record in games vs LU count in the standings for BSC schools this season ?
Yes
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Granted, in our transition year there will be some reluctance to vote for Liberty in the STATS FCS poll but we have two 0-2 teams (E. Washington and Chattanooga) and Charleston So., 0-1, ranked ahead of us. Yes, they had tough games but there were some blowouts too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:Granted, in our transition year there will be some reluctance to vote for Liberty in the STATS FCS poll but we have two 0-2 teams (E. Washington and Chattanooga) and Charleston So., 0-1, ranked ahead of us. Yes, they had tough games but there were some blowouts too.
Again, LU is Kaitlin Jenner. While LU is technically FCS they identify as FBS. They are also undergoing the necessary changes during their Transition phase
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Just John wrote:Granted, in our transition year there will be some reluctance to vote for Liberty in the STATS FCS poll but we have two 0-2 teams (E. Washington and Chattanooga) and Charleston So., 0-1, ranked ahead of us. Yes, they had tough games but there were some blowouts too.
Again, LU is Kaitlin Jenner. While LU is technically FCS they identify as FBS. They are also undergoing the necessary changes during their Transition phase
Aka, scholarships are hormones.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: LU is Kaitlin Jenner.
Who is this "Kaitlin Jenner" you talk about? :lol:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
And a new stadium is the plastic surgery.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No 0-2 team should be ranked. even if the 2 losses had been to Alabama and Clemson. Once they get above .500, then rank them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Glad to see you and JK getting into the spirit of things!
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Glad to see you and JK getting into the spirit of things!
I'm just worried about THE surgery required
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Well every one keeps saying they wanna hang with the big boys.....
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
So we should be up for some kind of courage award then, right?
By Class of 20Something
BuryYourDuke wrote:I find it pretty obnoxious that writers won't vote for transitioning teams, when they are eligible for a poll.

Whoever runs the poll that GAVE these folks the privilege of voting determined Liberty is eligible. Yet here they are, making their own rules when they KNOW Liberty is one of the top 25 eligible teams.

Just like a judge that legislates from the bench.

FAKE POLLS! SAD! :lol:
I'm kind of in this mindset. We now rely on power rankings of individuals. By refusing to vote, you are undermining the integrity of the rankings. If any reasonable person would rank is higher(not like we ever got appropriately ranked) your system is compromised. If you don't want Liberty ranked, look at the coaches poll.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I find it pretty obnoxious that writers won't vote for transitioning teams, when they are eligible for a poll.

Whoever runs the poll that GAVE these folks the privilege of voting determined Liberty is eligible. Yet here they are, making their own rules when they KNOW Liberty is one of the top 25 eligible teams.

Just like a judge that legislates from the bench.

FAKE POLLS! SAD! :lol:
No school has been treated more unfairly in the polls than Liberty!
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]