Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
The disrespect being shown in the polls is going to make going 11-0 THAT MUCH SWEETER!!! (WAIT DID I JUST SAY THAT??)

In the famous words from Angels in the Outfield. . . "HEY, IT COULD HAPPEN"

And lets be honest this would be the year LU does it to.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Polls are non binding. I say LU should be eligible. If LU loses a game, whoever beats LU will get credit for a win.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Polls are non binding. I say LU should be eligible. If LU loses a game, whoever beats LU will get credit for a win.
As opposed to a loss? :dontgetit
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Polls are non binding. I say LU should be eligible. If LU loses a game, whoever beats LU will get credit for a win.
As opposed to a loss? :dontgetit
I think, an I might be wrong, he is saying that by us being underranked, it cheapens the victory for whoever does. Let's say a fair ranking has us at #9. There is a big difference beating #9 and #19.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If a team beats LU, that team gets credit for a win and counts towards whatever. If a BSC team beats LU, that counts in BSC standings. I can almost understand LU not being eligible for BSC championship since we are leaving. But LU should be eligible to get votes in every poll that's out there.
By walksports
Don't look at the Sagarin ratings. (I only did since I get a USA Today at the hotel I'm staying at for work.)

Baylor 78, Jacksonville State 96, Kennesaw State 149, St. Francis (Pa.) 174, Monmouth 176
Liberty 181
Indiana State 185, Duquesne 191
Everybody else is lower than 200, which they didn't print.
By Class of 20Something
walksports wrote:Don't look at the Sagarin ratings. (I only did since I get a USA Today at the hotel I'm staying at for work.)

Baylor 78, Jacksonville State 96, Kennesaw State 149, St. Francis (Pa.) 174, Monmouth 176
Liberty 181
Indiana State 185, Duquesne 191
Everybody else is lower than 200, which they didn't print.
Don't look. SEE HERE!!!

:D

CSU is 146 too.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Thankfully, computers don't play football games :D
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Polls mean very little right now. Since we are really not eligible for any post-season, I see no reason to be upset where we are in the polls. LU has been over-rated a couple of times and way under-rated many, many times. The game is played on the field for a reason.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
At that Sagarin rating...Wow, just how bad is Morehead State, really?
By Class of 20Something
JK37 wrote:At that Sagarin rating...Wow, just how bad is Morehead State, really?

According to Sagarin, 9th worst D1 school
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU jumped 3 spots in this week's Poll, up to #16. If we beat JSU, I think we be in Top 10 next week.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
If we were to pull off the upset and beat JSU. I have my doubts we would jump them in the rankings.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I saw some FCS power poll put us 12th. I don't know how legit that poll is, but 12th in the nation sounds pretty good to me.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:If we were to pull off the upset and beat JSU. I have my doubts we would jump them in the rankings.
The polls are meaningless to us this year. Even if we win every game there are a number of voters who will not vote for us, including our own N&A scribe. Any poll ranking we do achieve is inaccurate for that fact. Ignore the poll and just win.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cool article by a guy who has dropped by and posted here in the past ...
STATS FCS wrote:In Top 25 voting, different feelings toward Liberty

By CRAIG HALEY
STATS FCS Senior Editor

(STATS) - Not too many FCS teams could beat Baylor, even if the Bears are having a down season.
Liberty did.

Not too many FCS teams could win at national power Jacksonville State.

Liberty thinks it can Saturday.

The Baylor win alone suggests Liberty is among the top FCS teams, but the Flames have followed that up with home victories over Morehead State and Indiana State to move to 3-0 for the first time since 2008.

The FCS world isn't necessarily reveling over the success. In fact, Saturday's game at Jacksonville State, where the No. 5 Gamecocks (1-1) host the No. 16 Flames, isn't drawing the usual interest of an intersectional Top 25 matchup.
Click Here for Full Story
By Class of 20Something
So 28% are leaving us out. That tells me that we are comfortably top 10.

Power Rankings by an individual are probably closer than the polls because they aren't swayed by people that "know better than the system."

If Liberty pulls the upset this weekend I could see us getting to 12 or 11 even with the abstaining voters.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If we beat JSU and are not in Top 10 next week, every pollster who did not put us in top 10, should be fired and banned from football.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
No, they shouldn't.

Both voters quoted in the article make valid and thorough cases for their opinion. I personally lean on the side of it including them. They're over the FCS scholarship limit of 63, so that disqualifies them. I have zero issue with that. The voter who includes them not to punish the kids for the school's decision = a nice, cuddly bear. He's probably a liberal! Haha!
By Class of 20Something
If they are allowed to be ranked, rank em. The coaches poll already excludes them. That's pretty fair.

It's also cheapening any upset against LU for any team that does. Beating #16 LU is really different than beating #8 LU.

Every voter that excludes a transitioning team from the poll is saying that STATS is wrong by letting them be ranked. They are taking it upon themselves as individuals to "make it right" and compromising the rankings in their entirety.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Many pollsters don't know football or have integrity problems. Just look at Ohio State in FBS polls each week.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Many pollsters don't know football or have integrity problems. Just look at Ohio State in FBS polls each week.
We are thankful every week you don't have a vote
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]