Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Obviously a Yuuge win!

Discuss. If you want a topic: Is it a bigger win for LU or a bigger loss for Baylor?
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
:jawdropper
I think I woke the whole neighborhood after that last play.
Signature win for Liberty, but I think it's a worse loss for Baylor. Favored by multiple touchdowns, and they never led by more than 4, IIRC.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:On the score prediction thread, how many picked LU.
I can't count that high lol
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I don't think we'll know until later in the season. Baylor was a 34-point favorite based on what they've been for the last few years. With a new coach not from the Big 12 and a new quarterback, I don't think they've established their identity yet and we caught them at the right time. I think what they do the rest of the way will determine whether or not it was a bigger win for us or a bigger loss for them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:I don't think we'll know until later in the season. Baylor was a 34-point favorite based on what they've been for the last few years. With a new coach not from the Big 12 and a new quarterback, I don't think they've established their identity yet and we caught them at the right time. I think what they do the rest of the way will determine whether or not it was a bigger win for us or a bigger loss for them.
They are not good and have more issues than some of my ex's!!! BUT they should have beaten a team like LU. LU played great and Calvert and GG were more than they experienced or LU expected. It makes me feel good for when WVU plays Baylor
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Per Jake Trotter of ESPN... "Turner Gill now has as many Big 12 wins with Liberty (1) as he did in two seasons with Kansas (1)."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote:Per Jake Trotter of ESPN... "Turner Gill now has as many Big 12 wins with Liberty (1) as he did in two seasons with Kansas (1)."
That is both funny and solid reporting
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:Quick-hit notes

http://www.aseaofred.com/quick-hit-notes-baylor/
I think BJ Farrows position as 'Top Receiver' is now handed to GG
I said it in the game thread but NFL scouts would salivate over a guy like him...6-4 with that kind of skillset, should definitely have him on a few 2019 draft boards
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I didn't call Liberty winning. Very exciting. I did, however, call an offsides penalty as the first play. What do I win? lol
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
GREAT WIN !!!!!!!! I am ecstatic for Coach Gill. The team was ready, the offense was unpredictable, it was his best coaching job since he got here. Obviously we have some work to do on the defense, but for the most part we played them decent on the run and did have a pick 6 in the passing game.
If there was ever any doubt, Buckshot is the absolute real deal. If the QB's were reversed, we would have lost by 30+. He will only get better. Best QB I have ever seen in the BSC....................... by far.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Haven't been here in a while. Had to come back around for this though. I told a buddy of mine that LU was going to win this game. Just had that feeling before the game. Baylor is in a bad place right now... Buckshot and co. made it worse for them tonight.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I have to say the offense looked amazing. Like someone said it was unpredictable and it kept Baylor confused the whole game. Simply amazing because I really was anticipating half back dives on 1st and 2nd down but the play calling and the tempo kept Baylor guessing. The oline for the most part controlled the line of scrimmage. I haven't seen two talented players in AGG and Buck for quiet some time. AGG will definitely be playing on Sundays.

Defense is still suspect. I think our secondary will be fine because we won't see that speed again that Baylor had at WRs. Running game is concerning tho.

This win is a program changer and now hopefully they stay focus and don't lay some duds.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:If you're a recruit on the fence, does this game change things?
Perhaps some, and I can think of one who may want to rethink his commitment to another program right about now.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Team still isn't home. Fogged out of Lynchburg, diverted to Charlotte, bussing back to Lburg.

At least it happened after a WIN!

"Gosh, this happens every time we beat a Power 5 school!"
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Wasn't able to watch, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the score this morning. Big win!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Team still isn't home. Fogged out of Lynchburg, diverted to Charlotte, bussing back to Lburg.

At least it happened after a WIN!

"Gosh, this happens every time we beat a Power 5 school!"
It's the Holy Ghost welcoming the team back!
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]