Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I fell asleep watching it on YouTube last night. When I woke up his morning, my first thought was, "It's Game Day!" :football
By Class of 20Something
My brother and I rewatched it last night too. I never felt like the game was as back and forth as it actually was. There were a lot of lead changes, but it never felt like LU was out matched.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I watched it last night too, for the first time. We were in Ohio visiting family and I had only caught the last quarter of the radio broadcast. Watching it really did seem to show we were on an even par with them. It will be interesting to see how bad Baylor really is this year and/or how good we are. Now let's hope we don't have a let down today and carry good momentum into the rest of the season.
By willflop
Speaking of the Baylor board, they recently posted the 247 composite team talent as of 2017. Apparently, to keep the salt fresh in the wound.

35. Baylor - 80 (4*-10, 3*-64, 2*-6)

Ranked 35th in FBS, 4th in Big 12. Doesn't matter what you say about a few injuries, they still have 80 ranked guys, only six of which are 2 stars.

A single 3 star for us is the coming of the messiah. It was disappointing they fell to UTSA, but this brings a little perspective I think.
By Class of 20Something
Current 3* on our roster.

Rion Davis
Damian King

Buckshot Calvert

Keith Best
D. J. Stubb's

I hope to see the place pick up a bit, but I'm not panicked at all. I expect that we will have 3 or 4 at the end of the recruiting season. Any more than that is gravy.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
A lot of rankings are based on where they commit. That stuff is complete and total BS, created so fans like us get all stirred up about it.

Any coach in America who pays enough attention to actually base any decision on it, will not be coaching for long. i promise you that!
By willflop
JK37 wrote:A lot of rankings are based on where they commit. That stuff is complete and total BS, created so fans like us get all stirred up about it.

Any coach in America who pays enough attention to actually base any decision on it, will not be coaching for long. i promise you that!
I'm sure they are fuzzy, but saying they are complete BS doesn't align with any facts I've read. They have a bit of self-fulfilling prophecy to them, in that if Alabama makes an offer then they must be a 4*, and not just a 3*.

But I'd argue that this is a case of the "Wisdom of the Crowds" at work, which is valid. If a recruit has offers from Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and ND, then that's just providing more information and confirmation to work with vs. someone that only has a couple G5 offers. Sort of like parimutuel pools, where the odds adjust based on what the masses do, and it proves to be more accurate than any initial line set. There's always exceptions, but that's not the point.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Coaches use them quite a bit.
Umm...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
R i wrote:Coaches use them quite a bit.
Umm...
Yes this is hilarious. Please continue men.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
willflop wrote:Speaking of the Baylor board, they recently posted the 247 composite team talent as of 2017. Apparently, to keep the salt fresh in the wound.

35. Baylor - 80 (4*-10, 3*-64, 2*-6)

Ranked 35th in FBS, 4th in Big 12. Doesn't matter what you say about a few injuries, they still have 80 ranked guys, only six of which are 2 stars.

A single 3 star for us is the coming of the messiah. It was disappointing they fell to UTSA, but this brings a little perspective I think.
This is a great read- SBnation did a piece on Boise State, a school we played just before they went to the FBS. I would love to see LU develop the type of culture and work ethic that BSU has. They also competed... or dominated... with guys who didn't make a big splash with 3-5 stars
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
With Anu Solomon out today against Duke it looked like another embarrassing performance for Baylor. However, their defense has really stepped up to the challenge. Yet, the offense has still struggled. Hoping for a Baylor win, so we look even better than we do.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. I keep checking the Baylor board :flamingdevil

But I don't post
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Anyone else see Baylor doing Okla Drills in pregame warm-ups with HC right in the middle leading. Insane!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Honestly I was under the impression that Oklahoma Drills had all but been banned from NCAA practices do to CTE concerns.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Honestly I was under the impression that Oklahoma Drills had all but been banned from NCAA practices do to CTE concerns.
They are no longer vogue but still there. It's amazing the drills we used to use to 'toughen us up' really just tore us up.
By Class of 20Something
JK37 wrote:Anyone else see Baylor doing Okla Drills in pregame warm-ups with HC right in the middle leading. Insane!
There is a coach in Waco desperate to get every ounce of effort out of his players. He needs them to commit to him. He needs them fired up and motivated. It looked desperate to me. Baylor is 0-3 and things aren't looking up.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Beating a P5 opponent was a big deal for our program but beating Baylor is looking less and less impressive with every passing week. What a mess that program is in.

That's what happens when you sweep rape under the rug.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Beating a P5 opponent was a big deal for our program but beating Baylor is looking less and less impressive with every passing week. What a mess that program is in.

That's what happens when you sweep rape under the rug.
It was/is a 'Brand Name' win. That's its value. No one will remember how bad they are this year they will just remember 'LU beat Baylor'.
The next step is LU beating a Bowl team
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Georgia State made a bowl game the year we beat them
Huh. I didn't know that. I stand corrected.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Granted I think they finished 6-7. They let anyone into a bowl nowadays
This is true. But there was a spirit to my post that could not be conveyed by the letter of the post. But kudos to you for letting me know.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]