Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Biggest win in school history, no question.

The videos of the students on campus Saturday night are insane. Hundreds of students gathering all over campus celebrating. This program has come a very long way.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was watching the video of Nasser announcing the class cancellation and there had to be at least 6-700 students on the field
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:Here is that Sportscenter interview.

Glad his passing skills are better than his interview skills. :D
By Ewglenn
Purple Haize wrote:
jlread wrote:Here is that Sportscenter interview.

Glad his passing skills are better than his interview skills. :D
I thought the same thing.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I felt like someone got to him and said: "Don't screw this up."

He got an earful from HCTG after his TD high-step. I imagine someone "reminded him" to "represent the school".

I hope not... but if so, they should relax and let him be himself.

Then again... it was a 7:36 a.m. interview :) Most of us wouldn't have our best interview at that hour.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:He did great.
:clapping Agreed--he came across as very humble and soft spoken.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Saw the video last night after LU football posted it on FB...he did an outstanding job. Well done by him and well done by us to prepare him for the interview
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'd love to work with the guys on the team. I thought Buck did a solid job under the circumstances. How many of you all would be nails your first time on national television at an hour when you are normally scarfing donuts? I can assure you the number would be very small.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I'd love to work with the guys on the team. I thought Buck did a solid job under the circumstances. How many of you all would be nails your first time on national television at an hour when you are normally scarfing donuts? I can assure you the number would be very small.
I didn't say he was awful. But needs help. He was adequate all things considered
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I would've been terrible at the hour. Typically I make it a point to avoid talking to people until 1000 which is difficult to do in my line of work. I have found if I look ticked off enough they tend to stay away.

With that said Buckshot did much better than I would have done at 730 in the morning.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He did a GREAT job today on The Sportsline
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: I thought Buck did a solid job under the circumstances.
It seemed to me that part of the problem was the delay. How long would it have been?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:He did a GREAT job today on The Sportsline
Is there a LINK for this?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It depends on the IFB connection. Typically about 2 seconds for satellite live shots.
Well I think that would explain some of the awkwardness. You agree?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:It depends on the IFB connection. Typically about 2 seconds for satellite live shots.
Well I think that would explain some of the awkwardness. You agree?
I wouldn't really call it awkwardness. if you watch pretty much anything on Sportscenter or even.your local or national news, where they have live hits or standups, youre gonna have a few seconds from when the studio asks a question to where you get an answer...now if you have a lengthy pause (say 10-15 seconds), then you've got a problem
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you have never done an interview by IFB, it is tough to explain. There is no visible feedback to what you are saying ... sort of like a conference call. People who typically using the facial expression of others to adjust their delivery find this format to be maddening. That also results in most folks having a blank stare on their faces. Unless someone is there coaching you to be expressive with your face, it is going to be tough to be emotive.

Then you factor in having to stare at an inanimate object and maintain eye contact. That can be very difficult to do under any circumstances much less before most folks have breakfast. And it can be particularly challenging when you are trying to listen to a question. The natural reaction is to look away and listen closely.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I watched it twice. It seemed to me very awkward the first time, but not the second time. Don't know why I thought so the first time.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]